Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla editors & consistency?

qwentyqwenty New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
  1. If I use CLEditor which is bundle with Vanilla from scratch and then swap it with something else as in tinymc or buttonbar ..., what about discussions? after changing editor, will old discussions hurt?

2. Why cleditor is packed into Vanilla from beginning? Is it the best one?

Comments

• I know buttonbar doesn't seem to hurt old discussions. I believe the impact is primarily on future posts after changing editor and entering new data, not on viewing old posts - as the posts and comments are just using straight php echo for the view part.

My gut thought is cleditor is "fuller featured" and was introduced first, but IMHO buttonbar might be the best and easiest to use.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I have found on 2.0.x that CLEditor breaks the Restore Draft function (and I seem to recall that this was confirmed by the developers, but I can't find the thread in question). This may be a solved problem on 2.1 -- I haven't tested it.

I've been using buttonbar instead, but am probably going to end up porting a custom button bar I made for 1.x eventually. If so, I'll consider uploading it as an alternative solution to the Addons directory.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

If so, I'll consider uploading it as an alternative solution to the Addons directory.>

great

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

ButtonBar is getting a lot of work prior to 2.1's release. I'd wait.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Sounds good -- looking forward to it.

• Are all these editors working with Markdown?

The quote had to be converted from Html to Markdown. Some formatting may have been lost

• If you quote an old comment in this forum, above announcement will be showed?! how does it happen?
  • Up, to go to the top :)

• Introduce any unported editor here, especially the best ones!