HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18.4 Released

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@UnderDog Changing engine name will be no effect because the tables are already formatted in MyISAM engine.

Secondly, for update GDN_User User set Permissions = '' where Permissions <> '';

I dont have user row in GDN_User table.

Absurd!

So, if these queries doesnt run that means I can never update my vanilla properly?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I'm just wondering why you didn't open a separate topic, that's all :-S

How come you don't have a GDN_User table?

• does anyone know how to make a clean upgrade ? or maybe there's an upgrade patch or anything ?

• edited May 2012

Hi, new here.
    Glad to upgrade my old Vanilla product, version 2.0.17.8 to this 2.0.18.4.
    Thanks guys there.
    Diane

• Anyone else had their forum get confused about whether it is in the root folder of the subdomain or in /vanilla/ after updated from 2.0.18.2 to .4? I can't get to Advanced Settings because the link goes to /vanilla/settings/advanced and removing vanilla or putting /dashboard/settings/advanced doesn't display it. I've cleared the cached ini files, my browser cache and cookies - no change. Also, I can't preview or post because it's looking for /vanilla/index.php which doesn't exist. Any ideas?

• mattmatt ✭✭
    edited May 2012

Non-HTML InputFormatter only active on initial discussion, not subsequent comments

I'm using the following config option to use the BBCode InputFormatter:

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode';

However, the non-HTML InputFormatter is only active on the initial discussion but not subsequent comments. This is confusing for users as subsequent posts do not use BBCode/Markdown but use HTML instead.

I'm using Vanilla 2.0.18.4 and have reported this on GitHub.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1358

• mjray
    Anyone else had their forum get confused about whether it is in the root folder of the subdomain or in /vanilla/ after updated from 2.0.18.2 to .4?

Another admin figured out the problem. The vanilla folder needs to be deleted after upgrade and it wasn't.

• ^^ split ^^

• good

• Every time VF updates, my badges get reset.

• I am not able to sign in via ie9..?? Everything works great in chrome. i disabled all addons and no change. I get the sign in pop up and it tells me if the password is wrong but doesn't sign in. I am using this latest release (Vanilla 2.0.18.4), I just put it up it yesterday.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

sounds like IE9 has stored your password (the wrong login or password) or you've got your caplocks key on.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• no, i restore all ie settings to default and no change. the sign in box tells me if the password is wrong but if it is right the box closes and the screen does not update to show that i am logged in. i click on a thread and am not able to post comments. the screen still hs the srign in or register message. i have triedmany times and it is not an incorrect password.

• i can send you the link if you want to try from your end?

• Don't have IE9, maybe someone else can. You might try logging in from a different computer that has IE9 and Chrome and see if you have the same problems.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• But you should start a new discussion topic. I would think.

• solved... had to reduce privacy to minimal setting to allow third party cookies. Could this be because I am using masking or hosting from my home?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

@borg
    Since your question, has nothing really to do with "Vanilla 2.0.18.4 Released" other than you are using Vanilla 2.0.18.4, wouldn't be appropriate to start a discussion on your subject matter under a new discussion.

Why? - 1) you might get an answer 2) if everybody asked there questions in this thread, it would be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

and @freeeeemind below :) we don't know what your last question is! and we don't know what "this" is.

• my last question is not answered, is there a patch for this if im using an older version?

• freeeeemind said:
    my last question is not answered, is there a patch for this if im using an older version?

Oh that question? I forgot about that question, sorry. Since 2.0.18.4 there have been no patches.

BTW : which question? (open new topic or bump your own topic if it's not too old)