HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Send subscription via new Thread to stop slow posts?

edited June 2011 in Feedback
I use google for my SMTP server and they seem to have an artificial "slow down" built in -- probably to prevent spamming. However, this makes it so if I have lots of people subscribed, it takes a REALLY long time to complete the post.

Could you change the logic so that when the even triggers to send email on a new post that it sends that email from a new PHP thread? That way the user will immediately be returned to the page while PHP happily sends the email in a background thread somewhere.
Tagged:

Answers

• This is true. I experience it also in my forums. A lot of errors, I have to turn this plugin off to prevent that long and slow posting times.

• rscott said:
    Could you change the logic so that when the even triggers to send email on a new post that it sends that email from a new PHP thread? That way the user will immediately be returned to the page while PHP happily sends the email in a background thread somewhere.

Can you post a feature request on gitHub please?

There was an error rendering this rich post.