Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User's not created when using jsConnect

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've done everything in the docs and the json string looks ok. Once the user logs in I am redirecting them back to the forum. But the user is not created and the same Sign In buttons are still showing. What is wrong?

Answers

• I also wanted to add that I'm using the Asp.NET library.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

The ASP.NET library had some issues a while back. First make sure you are using the most recent version.

I recommend putting the connection into test mode in Vanilla so you can see if the problem has to do with the security.

• I put it in Test Mode and it's doing the same thing. When I click "Sign In With Mhelpdesk" it just redirects back to my vanilla forum with the same set of buttons.

What am I looking for now that it is in test mode?

• What issues did the ASP.NET library have? Should I be looking at another library? Nothing in the documentation says it was deprecated and there are no known issues documented.

• When you say "security" can you be a little more specific?