Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to change url permalink?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, Vanilla users. I am new here. Also This is my first time using Vanilla Forums.

Everything looks good right now, but I have a question. How to change url permalink in Vanilla 2? As we all know, Vanilla 2's permalink is too "english".

Like this: http://mysite.com/discussion/4/jasa-pembuatan-website-murah-di-makassar

What if I want to change the permalink structure to this: http://mysite.com/diskusi/4/bla-bla ? because my website is not targeted for global users.

Yeah. That's all. I want to change /discussion/ to /diskusi/. Where/how to do that?

Thank you.

Answers

• Options

@mustamar said:

Yeah. That's all. I want to change /discussion/ to /diskusi/. Where/how to do that?>

That would be easy. Just change discussion to diskusi inside every program. Then you will probably want to change activity and every other english word. Should be simple.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Or investigate how to make that change using .htaccess it's one of the most basic .htaccess rules. Google is your friend

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

mod rewrite

• Options

It doesn't really help. Thank you anyway.

• Options

Glad we could help :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2012

It refers to an actual controller so it is not trivial to do this.

rewrites only redirect, it is not going to change all the links in place.

you could override Url, Anchor functions and similar functions and have a look up, it is quite advanced stuff and it is unlikely cover al bases.

grep is your friend.

• Options

hello x00. Do you know in what folder that controller should be changed?

• Options

you do not change the controller!

grep is your friend.