Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Advertising Banners in forum

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I have been looking for a plug in or something that I can have advertising banners added to the discussion page of our forum, weather its between discussion topics or in a column to the left of the main forum would be good. We have several sponsors of the club and we want to be able to advertise for them, so a advertising banner that can be clicked to go to their URL would be great.

Is this possible?

Best Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Pockets plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

Like anything else - if you get "you don't have permission to do that".

got to the dashboard for the role and "look" for a permissions checkbox.

you will note a manage pockets permission near the bottom.

You will also note the admin does not have full permissions to everything by default. - you have to set them and this is the case for some plugins especially.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Pockets plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Awesome thanks, I didn't realize that was what that was.

I have installed it but when I go to setting I get a big blue screen that says "you don't have permission to do that" I should have full admim permission in the forum so don't understand why this would do that.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

Like anything else - if you get "you don't have permission to do that".

got to the dashboard for the role and "look" for a permissions checkbox.

you will note a manage pockets permission near the bottom.

You will also note the admin does not have full permissions to everything by default. - you have to set them and this is the case for some plugins especially.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Great thanks for that, I thought Admins had permission to do everything, but apparently not.

Just another quick question, is there a plugin that we can mass email members? I have a group plugin installed to it would be good to mass email different group members as well.

Thanks for all your help.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

don't know - sounds like a search of discussion or add-ons is in order.

BTW - you would accept 422's answer and move on to a new discussion subject.

• Yeah I think you might be right. Thanks anyway