Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change the uploads directory

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i change in conf/constants.php the constant PATH_UPLOADS, it works, up well, etc. But it don't show good the url. ¿How i can change the url of uploads directory?

Thanks!

Comments

• this not a good idea, you would have to change the core, and you would break a bunch of plugins no doubt.

Why do you want to do this? Make sure you set folder permissions diligently, and restrict the types of uploads with

$Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize']  = '50M';
     $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('jpg','jpeg','gif','png');

you can always change the folder but you will have to use server rule to direct it.

grep is your friend.

• hbf said:
    or use a junction point.

can you explain

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

it really kinda depends on the intent of changing the location. if you want the content to be stored elsewhere because, for instance you are short of drive space on the drive that hosts your webservices you can use a junction to point the uploads directory to a new drive somewhere else.

• thx.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited July 2012

Hi. I'd like to change the uploads directory too.

There are 2 installations of Vanilla Forums on my server, each pointing to a different domain name. However both installations share the same database. The only problem I've encountered so far is when users upload new profile pics.

Plugins shouldnt be a problem as each installation has the same ones installed.