Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Reversed sorting

tmilovantmilovan New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Right now, newest participated discussions are displayed last. It seems to me that it would make much more sense if sorting would be reversed.

Comments

• I disagree. :) To me, the point is to see easily if one of those discussions has new comments. Am I wrong?
  • But this way (on my forum I have partcipated in 572 discussions) freshest comments are coming out on 12th page. Shouldn't they be on first page instead?
  • remoukremouk New
    edited November 2010
    Oh you're right! Sorry I misunderstood and didn't check properly...

Those discussions should be ordered by the date of the latest comment, newest first.
  • Line 64 of class.participated.plugin.php. Change:
          return $Sender->SQL->Select('d.*')
    ->Join('Comment c','d.DiscussionID = c.DiscussionID')
    ->Where('c.InsertUserID', $UserID)
    ->GroupBy('c.DiscussionID')
    ->Limit($Limit, $Offset)
    ->Get();
    to
          return $Sender->SQL->Select('d.*')
    ->Join('Comment c','d.DiscussionID = c.DiscussionID')
    ->Where('c.InsertUserID', $UserID)
    ->GroupBy('c.DiscussionID')
    ->OrderBy('d.DateUpdated', 'DESC')
    ->Limit($Limit, $Offset)
    ->Get();
  • I've found that I've had to use:
    ->OrderBy('d.DateLastComment', 'DESC')
    Rather than:
    ->OrderBy('d.DateUpdated', 'DESC')
    to get the sorting order to show the latest activity in the discussion at the top. Just incase anyone else is interested in this.

Allan
  • @theallan - thanks... without that amendment it shows them in the order that ANY change was last made (even an edit), not the same as the behaviour on the All Discussions tab.