Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Tapatalk Compatibility?

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there any way to get Vanilla forums to work with Tapatalk?

Comments

• yeah I'm wondering the same thing. Anything soon?
  • Me too I love using taptalk
  • I also would like to see Tapatalk compatibility.
  • I would love to see integration between Vanilla and Tapatalk.
  • According to what I read on Tapatalk, it's not available yet. Note that Tapatalk seems to support classical forum layout, so I hope they are able to handle Vanilla, which is a bit different than a vBulletin or phpBB
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    what the heck is tapatalk

posted from iphone
  • has there been any updates or news about vanila and tapatalk working together?
  • Yeah I'd like to know as well.
  • +1 for tapatalk
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    We have no control over this. You should request this from them directly so they hear the demand for it. I suggest posting on their forum: http://tapatalk.com/forum/
  • Q: What is Tapatalk?

A: Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Different from mobile skin or mobile version that comes with the forum system, Tapatalk allows user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time. With million of Tapatalk users, your forum can be discovered by potential new members thru Tapatalk Network and our ranking and recommendation system.

• Gareth, I think we all know that.

• Vanilla already has an awesome mobile interface. Personally, I wouldn't really want a tapatalk version of my forum :D

• 422422 Developer MVP

I believe tapatalk is like one unified userbase. I may be wrong

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Gareth_iowc Are you a spambot?

• edited December 2011

Tapatalk allows a user to add any forums he/she wishes to his list of forums.
    I know a lot of folks that use it to browse their favorite forums every day.
    It's a great traffic building tool that would help out vanilla forum owners to build and keep a larger user base.

• one of my favourite sites .... www.koahsiungliving.org is powered by Vanilla and i would love to be able to not only use Tapatalk but promote it through tapatalk ... all we need now is for vanilla and tapatalk to sort it out.

• In fairness to @Gareth_iowc the question was asked above and it did save me a Google! If he is a SpamBot, he's a GoodGuy SpamBot! Lol

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Spikey said:
    all we need now is for vanilla and tapatalk to sort it out.

We have no control over Tapatalk support. You must contact them and request it for them to see demand for them to implement it.

• They do have an API... It could make for an interesting plugin.
    http://www.tapatalk.com/api/api.php