Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I enable Badges?

patchpatch New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi!

I am a new user of Vanilla Forums and really love it.
It says on the Front Page of VanillaForums.org that it comes with these cool badges...
But I can't for the life of me find a way to enable them!!!

I'm sorry if this is a real newbie question, I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
After all it's on the frontpage of the VanillaForums.org website, so clearly it must be a central feature
and the setting must be somewhere obvious :-)

Tagged:

Comments

• Nv1ncibleNv1ncible New
    edited August 2012

Shhhhhh, we don't talk about that here.

To answer your question though, Badges is a feature only included in Vanilla's hosted solution: http://vanillaforums.com/plans

As of right now, there is no open source "Badges" plugin available to the Vanilla community.

• Lincoln, Todd
    If the developers want to incorporate a plugin on this forum - I would be willing to write one that automatically check for "Badges" or "Reactions" in a message and then automatically closes the discussion with a comment that says "If you want Badges or Reactions Plugins get Vanilla to host your site with a link to Vanilla Hosting plans. :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• But I don't want to use a hosted product. I simply don't need it.
    I also don't need a customized themed version, the vanilla Vanilla Forums version is perfect for me.

My university has perfectly capable sysadmins running the show here, and I am allowed to run a forum on their servers.

I just want the Badges feature.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

I'm afraid that's just not going to happen. Countless people have already asked the same question and the one and only answer has always been: "Write it yourself or get dedicated hosting"

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Maybe it would be a good idea to take that down from the .org frontpage then since it isn't actually real.

• emziemzi
    edited August 2012

or a FAQ page!
    Gathering frequently asked questions in an available page and offering new user to read it! The FAQ page link can be stated into confirmation email.