Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to disable activity feature?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,
I have installed the vanilla forums on my server. Is it possible to disable the 'activity' feature from the foums? eg. I want to disable it completely. Please let me know how it can be done?
Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• if your using a theme that has a smarty template

default.master.tpl - you could probably remove the link there.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Revoke the Garden.Activity.View permission from all roles. That will effectively hide it from everyone. There's no way to stop it from creating items completely.

• Revoking GArden.Activity.View permission from "Roles & Permissions" doesn't work.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2012

aside from removing it in menu links.

you could add this to custom.css

this will remove activity in the profile tabs,

li.Activity {
    display:none; !important
    }

you could also change

applications/dashboard/views/activity/all.php

from
    <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); ?>
    to

<?php if (defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); ?>

as well as index.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited March 2013

I simply unchecked Activities for both Guests and Members from the Roles & Permissions within Dashboard. Worked fine for me!

• MaddishMaddish New
    edited November 2013

I could remove the activity tab from members profile like that:
    from my active theme I edit the following file

/themes/Your Theme/views/profile/tabs.php

and put an if statement

$CssClass = $TabCode == $this->_CurrentTab ? 'Active ' : '';

// array_key_exists: Just in case a method was removed but is still present in sortorder

if (array_key_exists($TabCode, $this->_ProfileTabs)) {

$TabInfo = GetValue($TabCode, $this->_ProfileTabs, array());

$CssClass .= GetValue('CssClass', $TabInfo, '');

if($CssClass!='Activity'){  //show all tabs but not the activity one 

echo '<li'.($CssClass == '' ? '' : ' class="'.$CssClass.'"').'>'.Anchor(GetValue('TabHtml',$TabInfo, $TabCode), GetValue('TabUrl', $TabInfo), array('class' => 'TabLink'))."</li>\r\n";

}

}

}

• MaddishMaddish New
    edited November 2013

Sorry for the auto replay, But i Found a better way to do that.

In my theme I have 2 tabs.php files
    1- themes/MY-Theme/views/profile
    2- /themes/MY-Theme/views

In both I Added $TabCode!='Actividad' , where 'Actividad' is the name of the tab I want to remove (the same name that is displayed)

foreach ($this->_ProfileTabs as $TabCode => $TabInfo) {
       if (!in_array($TabCode, $SortOrder) && $TabCode!='Actividad') // add here
          $SortOrder[] = $TabCode;
    }

• @kirkpa31 said:
    I simply unchecked Activities for both Guests and Members from the Roles & Permissions within Dashboard. Worked fine for me!

Watch out because it will show up no matter what if you're logged in as Admin. log in as guest or member and it will not be there.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R08 said:
    Watch out because it will show up no matter what if you're logged in as Admin. log in as guest or member and it will not be there.

Super admins have all permissions at all times. Definitely have a standard member for testing out stuff.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.