Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla developer kickstart

13»

Answers

• Mun

@Mun said:

I already purchased the domain.... and began working on a alternative wiki http://vanillawiki.org, that is why I asked my question...

It would have been better if there was a consolidation of effort in one place, but its good that more resource sites are springing up.
    What wiki script are you using on your site, if I may ask? It sure does not look like MediaWiki.

• @pawandubey said:
    What wiki script are you using on your site, if I may ask? It sure does not look like MediaWiki.

Looks like DokuWiki. I agree with the consolidated efforts.
    Please talk to @hbf as he is the one to decide to move it all over to your site...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• It is just a question of pointing the domain to hbf servers. homebrew is a separate concern, and doesn't have to be mentioned at all. Knowing hbf there is no way he was being cynical.

grep is your friend.

• The idea is not to try and destroy the consolidation that their already is, rather to try and make a hyper fast wiki for vanilla forums. Yes it is using DokuWiki, as I didn't like mediawiki. The real question I had was whether or not @hbf wanted to move the wiki off of homebrew or to redirect vanillawiki.org to homebrew. In any case things are still fitting into place.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

you can point the nameserver to my IP (it's dynamic so i'd have to have a way to update) or you can use an alias record or frame re-direct to the homebrew domain. I can set up the webserver with a virtual host such that both web addresses are valid and point to the same content.

you may want to talk to your DNS provider to determine what would be the most transparent, supportable mechanism. I use Dyn-DNS for my domains, and i host on my own hardware. Currently two Dell PowerEdge 840's with SAS drives.

im also willing to just shut down my content and have the sub-domain point somewhere else if it looks like there is a solid community involvement there. I'm not profiting in any way from hosting this content, i did it purely for the good of the community.