Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New post email notification

Is it possible for admin to get an email when a user posts in the forum?

Comments

• Yes. Go to your profile -> Settings. There should be an option for this.

• You have to set advanced notifications first in the dashboard. then got your profile. Make sure you don't have other things related with comments or discussions with e-mail if you choose the advanced notifications, otherwise you will most likely receive duplicate e-mails.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    You have to set advanced notifications first in the dashboard. then got your profile. Make sure you don't have other things related with comments or discussions with e-mail if you choose the advanced notifications, otherwise you will most likely receive duplicate e-mails.

Where can I find advanced notifications? My dashboard seems quite simple, not sure if its included...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

1) dashboard - Roles and Permission - Edit administrator.

check off AdvancedNotifications below in the table that appears.

Check all permissions that apply to this role:
    Garden Add Allow Approve Delete Edit Manage View
    Activity
    AdvancedNotifications

2) go to your notification preferences and you will see two new options.

for comments and discussions.

it's a little flaky if you have other email notifications - but that's where it is

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• OK thanks I guess I will have to install another test forum in English as the German one I'm using is not very clear about these notifications in "roles and permissions".

Thanks for your assistance!

• no problem. awesome.