Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1 Beta Available?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

For now we were following developments on Github for alpha channel. Now 2.1 beta 1 is available according to this

As far as I know alpha is for internal testing and beta is for public testing before release of any product.

If I am not wrong, vanilla core team has freezed the code for now. Please correct if I am wrong.

Should admins, users, developers should start using 2.1b1 and report issues on github or in this forum??

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

It's still in the development branch so I wouldn't make assumptions about them having frozen the code just yet. Plus, the hosted solution is still using the 2.1a33 codebase.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yes, we've incremented the version to beta. Think you could wait for us to announce it before peppering us with questions? :p

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@Lincoln said:
    Yes, we've incremented the version to beta. Think you could wait for us to announce it before peppering us with questions? :p

It must feel like pepperspray sometimes. I empathize with you guys.
    Congrats on beta.

BTW @Lincoln - I just added the remaining necessary lol for you - and congrats - you have now earned the LOL badge. :) . You'll be an MVP in no time :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Sorry for brreaking the bubble.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... too exited .... yayyyyyyyyyyyy

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2012

As Kasper suggested, going to beta (for Vanilla, anyway) doesn't imply code freeze. To me, it more or less means "Todd has declared himself finished rebuilding gigantic, fundamental pieces of the architecture and it's kinda safe for me to start pushing it towards a release." :D

• Exciting times :) I've always done my cloning and pulling from the master branch—you guys planning on bringing that up to beta soon?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@LeeH Once we're more confident in its stability, yes. Master is what we run our hosted service off of so we try to be conservative with it. We may wait until a later beta or even RC, not sure yet.

• Sounds like a plan to me. I'll continue cloning out of there!