Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Expand Each Post Showing Title and Body

My question relates to the appearance of each individual post on a discussion board. Is it possible to display them in a way that allows the viewer to see each post without having to click on the title of the post itself. The board would ideally be arranged the exact same way as a traditional discussion board, only with the user able to see the body behind each post without having to click. Of course, in order to reply they would have to click on the post and reply in the traditional manner.

My forum will be one where users post images and other users can view and reply to those images. This would allow the images to be automatically shown within each post without having to click on the title of each.

If you need a better description or more information please let me know, thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Thank you for the reply, I did try out Nillablog and it functioned basically like you described. However, the attached images within each post did not show up in the posts, only the body text. I researched and could not find a solution to this.

• Options
    OnlyAnExcuseOnlyAnExcuse ✭✭
    edited February 2013

Do they appear if you hover over uploaded pic and click "insert image" (assuming you're using FileUpload plugin to do so)?

• Options

Yes they did, I suppose this is the best that I can hope for. Ideally I was hoping that the attached thumbnails would show up, taking up less space.

• Options

It also works if a user goes through an image host (imageshack, etc) and copies and pastes code into the body, this is more work however that I wanted the user to have to do.

• Options

Ok, rather than starting a new blog, is it not possible to just expand discussion posts? My type of website does not require the use of a blog and simple discussion posts with a few thumbnail pictures each are all I need as the users create their own posts.