HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback, Pledges, and Feature Requests - add them here.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@martz said:
    Anniversary
    2: Second Anniversary: Congratulations, you are starting to be part of the furniture!
    3: Third Anniversary: Congratulations, you are officially part of the furniture!

These made me laugh! I could almost imagine Users sitting in a corner, like a chair. :D

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I feel like furniture in the corner already and only have 6 months lol I think for me anniversaries are counted in dog years

• I knew what he meant fixture. back to topic.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @martz said: Thanks!

I think it is worth the bother to add anniversary, it makes the whole a consistent experience for users (why does it sometimes have a explanatory page and why sometimes it doesn't?) It is confusing for users.

Sample texts that I made up (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker):

Comments 1: First comment! Nice to see that you are getting involved! 10: 10 Comments! You are getting the hang of it, keep it going! 100: Nice to see you are staying with us and are contributing!

Likes 1: First Like: You received your first like! It can be the beginning of something beautiful! 10: 10 Likes: People are starting to like the things you write, nice! 100: Your posts are liked more and more, thanks for contributing awesome stuff!

Anniversary 1: First Anniversary: Congratulations! Nice to see you like it here! 2: Second Anniversary: Congratulations, you are starting to be part of the furniture! 3: Third Anniversary: Congratulations, you are officially part of the furniture!

@martz - I think I got most of everything you wanted in version 3.0, which I just uploaded.

All badges are clickable. Some have more detail than others for performance reasons, I kept the anniversaries, charter, and 5 special badges to a minimum.

see the readme - there are a substantial number of definitions, and make sure to disable then upgrade, and and enable. Then check settings in dashboard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• per this discussion: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23422/250-answers-badge-bugged-on-vanillaforums-org#latest

any thought of adding an answers badge for your plugin?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

right now it looks like the caps for the "ultimate" badge for things like comments is set at 10,000

if it's easy to tweak i'd suggest adding badges through 100,000 points if it has to be static, alternatively if it can just use an algorithm to determine badge levels you could make it scale infinitely.

i have users with 20-30k posts on my forum. we've only been open a year and a half.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm assuming you could give it the old 'college try' and just continue what peregrine has laid out in the code.

For example:

where it says (in default.php and in class.peregrinebadgesmodule.php)

$ComArray = Array(0, 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000);

just change to

$ComArray = Array(0, 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000, 100000);

and then I'm sure you'll have to change some other parts, like adding another badge, for example, but that is just figured out by trial and error. I recommend it! There's no feeling like adding a little bit and having it work. Look at these discussions where I just added a small part to one of peregrine's plugins and he added it to the next upgrade: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21175/feedback-for-memberslist-enhanced#latest
    and
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/22097

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@peregrine this is some amazing things, you have managed to do. I am really proud off you, people should actually support you financially.

• @kirkpa31 said:
    I haven't tried it myself, but I'm assuming you could give it the old 'college try' and just continue what peregrine has laid out in the code.

For example:

where it says (in default.php and in class.peregrinebadgesmodule.php)

$ComArray = Array(0, 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000);

just change to

$ComArray = Array(0, 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000, 100000);

and then I'm sure you'll have to change some other parts, like adding another badge, for example, but that is just figured out by trial and error. I recommend it! There's no feeling like adding a little bit and having it work. Look at these discussions where I just added a small part to one of peregrine's plugins and he added it to the next upgrade: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21175/feedback-for-memberslist-enhanced#latest
    and
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/22097

Bingo! just change it in all the places it needs put as many badges or change the increments if you want, just make sure you create the necessary badge that points to the
    100000 - 9whateverbadge.png.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@Srggamer said:
    peregrine this is some amazing things, you have managed to do. I am really proud off you, people should actually support you financially.

thanks @Srggamer - I added you to the list of people who pledge contributions when resource become available.

maybe some more of the people using the plugin, who haven't made a donation, will decide to make a donation, you never know. It will motivate me to add more features.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@peregrine thanks mate.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I'll modify the code, that's no issue. if it were in the base code then i don't have to manage a separate branch, and given that mr P is making updates to this thing every 10 minutes or so, i'd like to be able to pull his updates without worrying about whether my changes conflict with his or not.

edited April 2013

It is officially the most updated plugin in the history of plugins :) should have it's own rss feed ....I love it

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@vrijvlinder said:
    It is officially the most updated plugin in the history of plugins :) should have it's own rss feed ....I love it

i'd be curious to know how close to factual that is...

I suppose that will change when there are no more features to add to it :)

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@vrijvlinder said:
    I suppose that will change when there are no more features to add to it :)

One of the rules of Software Development is "there's always space for a new feature". Whether such new feature should be added or not, that's another story. :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@hbf said:
    I'll modify the code, that's no issue. if it were in the base code then i don't have to manage a separate branch, and given that mr P is making updates to this thing every 10 minutes or so, i'd like to be able to pull his updates without worrying about whether my changes conflict with his or not.

eh? what's the beef. You can pm me if you want.

(v, no cartoons please).

and back on topic. Start the values of new features on a different thread please.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

@businessdad said:
    One of the rules of Software Development is "there's always space for a new feature". Whether such new feature should be added or not, that's another story. :)

We have a saying at work, "Software is free!". ;)

EDIT - Sorry, cross post

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Start the values of new features on a different thread please. I'd like this to be easy for me to read and I am maintaining the plugin and started the thread. So it's my rules in this thread.

thx. for your cooperation.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Small, tiny, tiny bug report:

within class.peregrinebadgesmodule.php around line 70:

echo '<a href="' . $badgepage . "ThankfulBadge" . '">' . Img($prelink . $counter . "hb.png", array('alt' => 'Likes', 'title' => sprintf(T('Likes %s'), $HBArray[$counter]), 'class' => "PeregrineBadgesSmall")) . '</a>';

Should say:

echo '<a href="' . $badgepage . "ThankfulBadge" . '">' . Img($prelink . $counter . "hb.png", array('alt' => 'Thanks', 'title' => sprintf(T('Thanks %s'), $HBArray[$counter]), 'class' => "PeregrineBadgesSmall")) . '</a>';

This was causing the little mouse hover over the Thanked icon to read "1 Likes, 10 Likes, etc." instead of "1 Thanks, 10 Thanks, etc."