Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2 Upgrading Tips

124»

Comments

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    Help! I upgraded to the latest version and now I cannot open the discussions. I followed all the instructions in the earlier part of this thread including the update and structure portions with success. Everything in the dashboard is working fine, but the discussion threads themselves are no longer opening. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just roll the whole thing back?
    you get a bonk when you click on a thread right? had the same problem. it's due to a plugin.

• I read your posting and disabled ALL plugins and so far GRAVATAR seems to be the culprit. Thank you! Now I don't feel so much like crying like a 5 year old with a skinned knee. :-)
  • Trying to upgrade to 2.0.18.8 from 2.0.18.4 - and getting redirect errors from Firefox. Looks like the forum is continually trying to redirect. Is there a way to do the upgrade with php-cli on the web server?

Thanks!
    Dave.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

• Just to close the loop: this issue was because Vanilla's .htaccess over-wrote the one in production on upgrade (oops - that was mentioned in the upgrade instructions) and I was getting mutually referring 301s.

• SmittySmitty New
    edited May 2013

Hey everyone,

First I apologize for being a bit new to this upgrade process, but I'm real nervous upgrading from 2.0.18.4 to 2.0.18.8. I've read the above, and have backed up:

1. Create a Backup

Back up your database
    Back up your uploads/ folder
    Back up your conf/config.php

However, and this may seem like silly clarification to many, but the Vanilla Forums Documentation instruction is to next"

1. Update your files

Upload your new version of Vanilla 2

Upload how? Just drop the new files onto the old ones via FTP? Or, is there something I'm missing.

Is this upgrade necessary?

If anyone can help me with some 'hand holding' help to ensure this upgrade goes well, I'd be very grateful.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Smitty

Why the question here AND the new thread?

I've answered on your thread.

• @whu606 said:
    Smitty

Why the question here AND the new thread?

I've answered on your thread.

Sorry, realize this topic was older. My mistake.

• having Problem with update after running utility/update I got the Success page but when I tried to browse forum it says
    Bonk

Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks.

any help ?

• My Admin Panel is working fine after the upgrade but front end is not working

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2013

@itrcp, read this page to find out more about the bonk error: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Bonk_Errors

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

This discussion has been closed.