Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anyone fond of MeBox in their WP integration?

Is there anyone thinking of developing a MeBox widget for Vanilla WordPress Plugin? and probably Avatar Sync? @Shadowdare ?

Comments

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited May 2013

By avatar sync, I suppose what you mean is having Vanilla avatars show up instead of the normal avatars in WordPress. I have done this and something like the MeBox in the past through themes, so these two things are possible to do. I am not looking to develop a plugin for these things without payment, and I am available for hire if needed.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

@EdelAli and @Shadowdare: I just discovered something pretty neat - you can in fact get the MeBox view (and any other module view for that matter) using an API call: http://example.com/dashboard/module/memodule. I'll implement it in the Vanilla API too.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• You are kind @Shadowdare, so grateful for your attention. @kasperisager : well, I know that's awesome, but sorta regret for a user this newb as I am, who doesn't know how an implementation is probably going to be like in practice. I didn't get what the whole API should actually mean since the time I tried to figure that out already :D

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

A very simple implementation could look like this:

$MeBox = file_get_contents(http://example.com/dashboard/module/memodule);
    echo $MeBox;

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited May 2013

@EdelAli: That's alright. If you need help with implementation, feel free to ask questions here. :)

@kasperisager: That's actually pretty cool. It's good to know that the documentation is being worked on.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app