Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla versions release

mikadomikado New
edited December 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

Which version is the latest - 2.1a33 op 2.1b1.8 ?

And how to fix this error - Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (/home3/mamba/public_html/demo/uploads/userpics/469/pQSEVQKZY00S1.jpg).

Thanks

Comments

• Options

You need to give write permissions to the folder /userpics/

• Options

I have found that the software creates a new directory for every new thumb, and that the directory has improper permissions. So changing it manually won't work.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

ditto "confirmed". you should file bug on github.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@HalfCat said:
    You need to give write permissions to the folder /userpics/

it does not help

• Options

Which version is the latest - 2.1a33 op 2.1b1.8 ? :)

• Options

beta is after alpha so its the b1.8

• Options

@DirtyDog said:

thanks

• Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

@DirtyDog said:

Not necessarily; @mikdado: see the devs' post for more details: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/22043/about-the-vanilla-2-1-release-cycle

Last I heard they were recommending people stick with the alpha.

• Options

has this been fixed or no?

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited January 2013

@hydn said:
    has this been fixed or no?

Don't forget that 'UserPics' is probably a plugin and therefore you shouldn't look at the development versions of Vanilla, but at the development of the plugin.
    You have another thread going about the permissions of those userpics directories, try to figure out what needs to be done to resolve the problem.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I don't have a Userpics plugin.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2013

The difference between beta an alpha are not to do with which is latest but the type of software testing it has been through.

If the team are truly recommending that users use the alpha version over the beta, this is going to cause confusion. They should pushing critical changes to the beta version as soon as they can. Other changes can wait till they are beta standard.

Beta versions are for for beta testing, it is not for production code, unless you are willing to take that risk. As a beta tester it is your responsibility to notify of any issues.

To understand the type of testing, google it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Change line 222 at ./library/core/class.upload.php from
    if (!move_uploaded_file($Source, $Target))
    to
    if (!copy($Source, $Target))

The file is already present on the server, we're not trying to move an uploaded file, we're just copying the one that exists.