Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Useful plugins not available in Vanilla Open Source?

I just looked through the Vanilla Hosting Plugins List and the Addons Database. There are quite a few interesting ones not available in the Vanilla Open Source Edition.

The one I'm really missing is Reactions. Any chance that the Vanilla Team releases such ones not specific to their hosting service to the general public?

I understand that it's part of their business model, but that way contributors interested in a similar functionality have to reinvent the wheel, which just isn't productive.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@MasterOne

Seriously, do try searching on here before you ask questions.

This topic has been done to death, and there are now plugins which do the same job.

Just have a look.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    Seriously, do try searching on here before you ask questions.
    This topic has been done to death, and there are now plugins which do the same job.
    Just have a look.

Oh, I took a look before asking, looks like I have been search for the wrong terms then. Still no clue, which plugins do you mean do the same job exactly? Is it supposed to be Kudos?

Maybe I should just look through all plugins in the addons database.

• Options

@MasterOne

Well, a search for Reactions on this forum or Badges on the Addons would get you most of the way.

I don't know that they do the exact same job, but people seem happy with them.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    Well, a search for Reactions on this forum or Badges on the Addons would get you most of the way.
    I don't know that they do the exact same job, but people seem happy with them.

Searching for "Reactions" on this forum did not reveal anything relevant, but "Badges" in Addons did, will look into it. Thanks.

• Options
    edited May 2013

@MasterOne

The first result is not always the right one.

The link to the discussion on @peregrine badges is about half way down the page if you search for 'reactions' on here.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@MasterOne said:
    Searching for "Reactions" on this forum did not reveal anything relevant, but "Badges" in Addons did, will look into it. Thanks.

That's right, Reactions are not in such a high demand as the Badges. I was developing a plugin for it as well, but my Customers didn't seem to be very interested in it, therefore I put it on a low priority for now. For the Badges, there is the excellent free plugin developed by @peregrine, or the commercial one I made.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited May 2013

Jep, check out @businessdad 's Awards/Badges Plugin. This one is very powerfull and i also had the chance to give in some of my designed Badges. http://dev.pathtoenlightenment.net/shop/badges-vanilla-forums/

By the way i would love to see a good Reactions plugin and i'd be happy if general interest raises.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

@phreak said:
    Jep, check out businessdad 's Awards/Badges Plugin. This one is very powerfull and i also had the chance to give in some of my designed Badges. http://dev.pathtoenlightenment.net/shop/badges-vanilla-forums/

@businessdad - checked out the thread... - very nice from the looks of the images.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@peregrine said:
    businessdad - checked out the thread... - very nice from the looks of the images.

Thanks for your feedback. I put a load of effort in the project, and I'm quite happy with the result. I will use it myself, together with my other plugins, to get a first-hand feedback from the end Users too. Now I just have to put together a decent theme for my forum, and that will be a titanic effort (I'm kind of "aesthetically impaired").