Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Removing Sidebar Panel on Discussion Page

Hey All,

I'm in the midst of putting together a nice theme for our community. However on our discussion page I'm needing to remove the sidebar panel (i.e. search/categories) and keep that only on the home page.

Do you know how I could approach this?

Thomas

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'd probably take the easy route and use css.
  • Thanks. I actually went ahead and did that :-)
  • Hello C5rockstars, for modify this function, just work on css, for example the code is very clean, edit the custom.css and delete the function "panel":

All the code of panel and its derivatives:
    #Panel div.SearchBox input.InputBox...

and insert only:
    #Panel {
    display: none;
    }

Regards.
    Luciano Diaz.
  • Any possibility of a little expanded information on that, @luchesse or @c5rockstars? I'm pretty sub-beginner and this thread was the only one I could find. I want to do this as well, I've looked through my CSS for anything to do with sidebar or panel, but I'm not seeing it, and don't really understand what to add or delete once I do. (Well I would delete anything that seemed to do with it if I found it, to start with, hah..)

Thanks so much!

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited June 2013

@ne1up

This would be considered 'necroposting' given that the thread is 2 years old...

It is also better if you stick to one thread if you have already asked a question there.

Most elements in Vanilla are governed by css declarations.

The declarations are based on the default Vanilla css file.

You can override these declarations by making new declarations in a custom.css file.

If you are modifying a theme, you may find you have to add declarations to it.

That is the case here.

The custom theme is relying on the default css for Panel, so contains no specific declaration for Panel.