Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Logging on to a twitter ( social sites ) throwing up a fatal error.

varunvarun New
edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I have a strange issue regarding social networking plugins used on my website using vanilla. The plugins were working fine off lately. However these were disabled for a while. Now when I enable them again and try to login using the credentials they throw up an error which is mentioned below. I understand that this might be caused to curl. But I see through phpinfo() that curl is enabled on the server.Could anyone please guide me on this ? Thank you.

Fatal error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $exception [, long $code ]]) in/hermes/waloraweb095/b2597/pow.globaldelight/htdocs/globaldelightforum/plugins/Twitter/class.twitter.plugin.phpon line 305

Regards,
Varun

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited July 2013 Answer ✓

It's a known error since Twitter changed the API

Open up the following in Twitter Plugin folder

class.twitter.plugin.php

find the line that begins with:

public static $BaseApiUrl =

It should be line 34. change the URL from the v1 version of the API to

hat tip to this thread:http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24026/twitter-login-error

• Options

Cheers guys the problem seems to have been resolved now. I owe you a beer @adriansonline :) cheers. Its due to the same reason you mentioned up here. Thank you.

However there is this small thing that's like eating up my brain. When I use the facebook plugin to Login , it will take me to a page where I need to enter a uniqueID .. I am not really sure on how a unique ID should look like or If am doing something wrong with the settings. Though I have tried all sorts of combinations for a unique ID it keeps on looping on the same page and does not take me forward .. Twitter works absolutely fine.. Any light on this one ?? Thanks in advance

• Options

Just not sure why I am not able to find Facebook , GooglePlus plugins so that I can upgrade to the latest versions :o

• Options

Bingo! Just the help I needed too. Thanks.

• Options

Thank you for the help @adriansonline :)