Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

43 Anniversary Badges with System Account

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Vanilla Version - 2.1B

Problem Page - System Account Profile Page

Problem - System Account is getting unlimited (or 43 in this case) anniversary badges

Probably its because system account does not have a joining date.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Options

Yes, i suggest you file a bug on vanilla github, that accounts should not be created without joining dates for whatever version of vanilla you use.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yes boss, will file in a while.

Can I manually add joining date in database? Will it have any adverse effect? I think it could be temporary fix for github bugs takes some time to get fix.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

try it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Another bug I discovered in this thread -

If you go by discussion link - attached image is shown.

But if you go by comment link, it is not shown.

• Options

So you are reporting bugs that deal with vanilla and not the plugin in this thread. Sound fine with me, but a bit vexing. But I suggest you place your feature requests and bugs that deal with vanilla on a different thread. It seems logical, doesn't it.??? WDYT????

• Options

I got diverted. Will open a new thread.

Now, I have edited database and added real dates in DateFirstVisit and DateInserted in Users table. This gave me date getting shown in profile but 43 badges still remain there. Shouldn't they must update?

• Options

Your answer from me is in the readme.txt

• Options

Ahaa! Got it.

• Options

This gave me date getting shown in profile but 43 badges still remain there. Shouldn't they must update?

just zero out the badges in the table for the user and it will fix itself

once you earn a badge you never lose it (unless the judges go into the table and zero it out), you can not be stripped of a title no matter how much performance enhancing drugs you ingested.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

43 Badges > That's a MySQL default date > 1970 ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

I fixed it in plugin, but I think it should be fixed in vanilla also.