Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Same list of users on different forums

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have two different forums: example1.com and example2.example1.com.
I need: to give users access to both of them when users enter login/password on example1.com.
Question: How can I do it?

At the moment I came up with this:

1. Make a lines in config.php the same:
$ Configuration ['Garden'] ['Cookie'] ['Salt'] = 'XXXXXXXXXX';
$ Configuration ['Garden'] ['Cookie'] ['Domain'] = 'example1.com';
  1. Make a tables GDN_User the same.

Does this version will work? If not, what did I do wrong?
Thank you and sorry my bad english, please.

P.S. At the moment I'm not interested in automatic synchronization. I just need to know what I need to synchronize.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Related to your question of which I could not find an answer, I also have 2 forums in 1 domain, each one displaying different relevant information which I control with the ExcludeCategories and HideCategory plugins. The 2 forums share the same mysql database in order to keep the users and login details for both the same. I was hoping that It happens when login to the one forum, then go to the other forum you will not need to login again. However this is not happening. I suspect the login scripts of the 2 forums are different which causes this. Any idea how I can overcome this problem? It also happens when you are returning to the first forum you need to login again although I have ticked the "stay login " box. I am trying to stay away from jsconnect as I think this is a overkill for this purpose. Any advice will very much be appreciated. Thanks.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.