HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Version Checker for Plugins. R ur plugins up to date and the most recent. This will tell you.

2»

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

I updated to the to version 1.2

removed the .xml

and put in the proxyrequest.

I haven't done a timeout, I thought that can be changed in curl.ini on the server. I didn't add any curl options.

I also put this in the plugin - so people can do what they like.

around line 52 in plugins/VersionCheck/views/versioncheck.php

// you can select your method of retrieval - uncomment file_get_contents the line  and comment out the ProxyRequest line

//   $jsoninfo = file_get_contents($getlink);

$jsoninfo = ProxyRequest($getlink);

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@peregrine said:
    I haven't done a timeout, I thought that can be changed in curl.ini on the server. I didn't add any curl options.

I think it's already good enough. Experience and feedback from Users will tell what could be added, one bit at a time. It's a good way to avoid feature creep. :)

• Nah the time-out is 1 second or Garden.SocketTimeout

if you want to specify it explicitly

ProxyRequest($Url,1.0);

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@x00 said:
    Nah the time-out is 1 second or Garden.SocketTimeout

if you want to specify it explicitly

ProxyRequest($Url,1.0);

now they know how to modify it (and so do I) , if they need to. Great input, learning alot.

Awesome to everyone for the help and insight.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

This Plugin is pretty neat. Though Most "Most" Plugins even that are not up to date, still work even if you have to play around with the Bonks, and tricky things.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I have used this before but today it will work and get a fatal error.Fatal Error in PHP.ProxyRequest();

Operation timed out after 1001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
    The error occurred on or near: /home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/library/core/functions.general.php

1728: $Success = TRUE;
    1729: if ($Response == FALSE) {
    1730: $Success = FALSE;
    1731: $Response = '';
    1732: throw new Exception(curl_error($Handler));
    1733: }
    1734:
    1735: curl_close($Handler);
    1736: } else if (function_exists('fsockopen')) {
    Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.

Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.0.18.4
    PHP Version: 5.2.17
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache
    Referer: http://www.surin-expatsforum.services-thai.com/dashboard/settings
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.110 Safari/537.36
    Request Uri: /plugin/versioncheck

• I have used this before but today it will work and get a fatal error.Fatal Error in PHP.ProxyRequest();

Operation timed out after 1001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received The error occurred on or near: /home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/library/core/functions.general.php

you can increase your socket timeout, or get a faster internet connection

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

$Configuration['Garden']['SocketTimeout'] = '2.0';

means timeout after 2 seconds instead of the default 1 second.

so that is one option to try.

or you can change versioncheck.php in views folder.

from

to
        $jsoninfo = file_get_contents($getlink);
        //      $jsoninfo = ProxyRequest($getlink);

• @peregrine said:
    $Configuration['Garden']['SocketTimeout'] = '2.0';

means timeout after 2 seconds instead of the default 1 second.

so that is one option to try.

> or you can change versioncheck.php in views folder.

<

pre>

> from

to
    $jsoninfo = file_get_contents($getlink);
    // $jsoninfo = ProxyRequest($getlink);

or update to the new version and choose one of the two options in settings.

• Really useful ;-) thanks @peregrine, even if we 're using these plugins from GitHub

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

thanks - I think its useful too. :). I'm surprised how few downloads their are, since it adds no overhead except when viewing the version check in dashboard.

provides a simple easy scan for public plugins in the add-on section. It will be great when things get sorted out between 2.1 vanilla plugins in github and 2.0.x plugins in add-ons section as well as core plugins that are not in add-ons.

And plugins that are in core and in the add-ons sections (either the add-ons should be culled, or updated with core release and duplicated in add-on section, my two cents).

Yea, its hard to guess where versions of plugins come from if they are not in add-ons directory.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

Any developers want to tell me if I broke any plugin rule standards

by creating this function in VersionCheck plugin

public function PluginController_VersionCheckPhp_Create($Sender) {

Figured since some people don't know how to check their php version and modules, etc. I would add this option to version checker (instead of creating a separate plugin).

in the recent update version 1.4 of the plugin.

• It's working (on v2.2.3.4) but when I check then I encounter the followings

Notice: Undefined variable: PluginName in /home/.../public_html/vanilla/plugins/VersionCheck/views/versioncheck.php on line 18

It seems only happens with blundled plugins and ;-) recent version from GitHub, for example

Version: 2.0 - All Viewed
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$Slug in /home/.../public_html/vanilla/plugins/VersionCheck/views/versioncheck.php on line 37
    No New Update is Available for allviewed-plugin-2.0

If you need more infos, I could try to supply them ;-) but I don't know which ones

PS: Not tried with the latest 1.4

• It's fixed ;-) for now... with this 1.4 version, thank you @peregrine one more time

• I don't see anything wrong with the idea, as the view is protected from direct access, however as the they already need to know before they install vanilla it may be a bit after the fact.

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@x00 said:
    I don't see anything wrong with the idea, as the view is protected from direct access, however as the they already need to know before they install vanilla it may be a bit after the fact.

Thanks for the feedback x00. I thought it might help. I noticed a few people doing upgrades that had older version of vanilla with old php versions (which would have failed when upgrading) and some security modules and graphics modules might be need to be checked for some plugins, etc. So this might have helped the people prior to upgrading at the very least, if they used it.