Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tagging Enhanced, no tags box

avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Am I completely thick? I have installed and enabled enhanced tagging but can't work out how to enable the tags entry box I can see here below, it's just not there. Also having created tags how do they link related topics?

Sorry in advance for what I know is going to be proved to be a stupid question.

Best Answer

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013 Answer ✓

then if you have a table discussion problem error

change the word "discussion" to "Discussion"

class.tagging.plugin.php:321:

From('discussion').....

to   From('Discussion').

then if it all works you post a new discussion under the plugin and put a link to this one, so solution if a solution can be found.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options

Just to clarify my question, I have installed and enabled tagging enhanced but no change is apparent on the discussions page. Have i done something wrong?

• Options

Can somebody please explain how this is supposed to work?

• Options

I have now upgraded with help from @peregrine to Vanilla 2.0.18.8 and subsequently installed enhanced tagging. I still have exactly the same problem as described above. Can someone please tell me what I am missing? I can't find any other options anywhere in my dashboard to make the tagging feature appear on my forum.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Tagging Enhanced?

Did you enable tagging?

Have you added any tags?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

1) if you have a question about a plugin, it is best to post it in a question under the plugin.
    e.g. - http://vanillaforums.org/addon/tagging-plugin

Tagging Enhanced 1.0.1

2) in your dashboard on the left panel under forum - is a menu item for tagging. click on it. It will take you to a screen where you can enable, disable and remove tags.

3) once you have done that. Start a new discussion and you will see a box to enter tags.

4) after you enter a bunch of tags. You may want to enhace it with
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/tagcloud-plugin

5) you could also add this too,
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/940/auto-link

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

it is a good idea to make changes in dashboard - but just for your info.

you will also see in your config - when it is setup correctly.

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Tagging'] = TRUE;

// Plugins
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Tagging']['Enabled'] = TRUE;

• Options

This is the same as last time I tried to install this addon a year ago, imediately after installing and enabling tagging there is no tag box at the bottom of the start new discussion page. I've just gone back to it and now it appears but I'm getting the errors I reported last time. See here:-
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20745/fix-with-vanilla-2-1-error-when-adding-a-tag#latest

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

. removed duplicate post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

you are not using vanilla 2.1

start another discussion under the plugin and post your errors after you

disable plugin.
    remove the plugins/Tagging folder completely
    download the plugin.
    reinstall
    enable the plugin through the dashboard.

skip a step at your own peril.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013 Answer ✓

then if you have a table discussion problem error

change the word "discussion" to "Discussion"

class.tagging.plugin.php:321:

From('discussion').....

to   From('Discussion').

then if it all works you post a new discussion under the plugin and put a link to this one, so solution if a solution can be found.

• Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.