Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Se aceptan sugerencias y correcciones

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hay cosas que no sabía como traducir y acabo de empezar a usar Vanilla como quien dice. He mirado que todo esté más o menos bien pero hay traducciones que no sé como hacer sin que quede raro. Por ejemplo en la zona Actividad hay un lío increíble con los "tu", "su"...

He visto que había dos traducciones más al Español, pero ninguna generada a partir del Baseline Locale. Aún así el plugin Baseline Locale no incluye todas las frases a traducir aunque es un buen comienzo.

Saludos a todos!

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We definitely need some help/improvements to translations, and yes, activities are the worst place in the application.
  • Could you let us know where you are testing the "Spanish Locale"? I looked into your files and you should be having a problem with the display.

Look up the site where I am using "European Portuguese":
    http://cascoserolhas.net/forum/
  • edited January 2011
    In Spanish some translations too long. What it do?

How do you translate "sink"and "unsink"?
  • About "sink." To be honest I still haven't found where it is used. Considering word usage I tentatively translated that to "Deitar Fora" or Throw Away. Of course, if this comes up in a very technical context, a better translation would be needed. Couldn't find "unsink."

And can't understand why your installation displays properly characters like "ñ" and such. It doesn't make sense. My installation is the bare bones Vanilla. Do you have other addons, to filter strings or something?
  • edited January 2011
    Sink & Unsink: When you are logged in, look at the "Options" from any discussion (it's hidden, you do "hover" in any discussion)

I do not use other addons for editing files, I use a simple text editor with the UTF-8 character encoding.
  • I just checked in my version and indeed Options shows a dropdown where Sink is present. The use of this seems to be to put that particular discussion further down the list, so "fazer descer" seems appropriate. Again, and we are using the same files, a Find "unsink" comes out empty. You can even check that the English originals are in alphabetical order and there's nothing in "unsink." Nope, can't find it.

That's my amazement: "ñ" is not a valid UTF-8 character. In my installation, like I said bare bones, and using basically the same files you did, trying to use characters from Portuguese like "ã" or "ç" what I get is � replacing those characters. I managed to work around this problem, but your installation should not display properly. I don't understand how is it that it does.
  • edited January 2011
    The character 'ñ' is valid in UTF-8 ;-)

Your files aren't in UTF-8. I think this is the motive why fail the characters. Check it.

thanks for the definition of "Sink"!
  • Uh!, not all translations are in the "Baseline Locale" Addon, but can be added by you. Download again my Locale and look at the top of files . I have taken some extra phrases from:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/dutch-locale
  • I am sorry to disagree with you but ñ is not utf-8, neither is ó that appears frequently in your files. You can check a table of utf-8 characters here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8#Codepage_layout I would be very curious to look at the reference for utf-8 that you use.

Thanks for the additional strings. They may cover some of the parts of the admin back end that Baseline Locale did not include. But this not a good method of improving languages files. How are we to keep track of strings already included and even in case Todd Burry updated Baseline, how would we use the update without having to redo the whole translation all over again?

Doesn't look good.
  • Term of Service.
    I have installed the spanish locale and am very grateful for it. However the registration form link for the "Terms of Service" returns the text "TermsofService". It does not even link to the English text. How can I make it link to the English text provided applications/locale/en-CA/definitions.php?
    Thanks

• @pawlinu said:
    Term of Service.
    I have installed the spanish locale and am very grateful for it. However the registration form link for the "Terms of Service" returns the text "TermsofService". It does not even link to the English text. How can I make it link to the English text provided applications/locale/en-CA/definitions.php?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. :(

Has anyone solved it?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

You can manually add a new $Definition, copy these edit as you wish then paste into your conf/locale.php

$Definition['TermsOfService'] = 'Terms of Service';

$Definition['TermsOfServiceText'] = "
       < p >You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this
       community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory,
       inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually
       oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative
       of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the
       copyright is owned by you.< /p >

< p >We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or
       whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal
       action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol
       addresses accessing this web site.< /p >

< p >Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
       solicitations are inappropriate on this community.< /p >

< p >We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at
       all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no
       reason at all.< /p >

< p >You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.< /p >
    ";

edited February 2013

The link to the terms should be like this maybe this will work, a ver si asi funciona , remover los espacios entree < > que puse para que se vea el codigo .

$Definition['I agree to the < a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="%s" >terms of service< /a >'] = "Estoy de acuerdo con los< a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="forum/dashboard/home/termsofservice" >términos de servicio< /a >";

edited February 2013

$Definition['TermsOfServiceText'] = "
       < p >You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this
       community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory,
       inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually
       oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative
       of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the
       copyright is owned by you.< /p >

< p >We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or
       whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal
       action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol
       addresses accessing this web site.< /p >

< p >Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
       solicitations are inappropriate on this community.< /p >

< p >We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at
       all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no
       reason at all.< /p >

< p >You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.< /p >

< p > Español: < /p >

< p > Usted acepta, con el uso de este servicio, que no utilizará esta comunidad para publicar cualquier material que sea a sabiendas falso y / o difamatorio,abusivo inexacto, vulgar, de odio, de acoso, obsceno, profano, sexualmente orientado, amenazante, invasor de la privacidad de una persona, o que infrinja de otro modo a cualquier ley. Usted está de acuerdo en no publicar ningún material con copyright a menos que el copyright es propiedad de usted. </ p >

< p > Nosotros en esta comunidad también se reservan el derecho de revelar su identidad (o toda la información que sabemos sobre usted) en el caso de una queja o jurídica acción que surja de cualquier mensaje enviado por usted. Registramos todo el protocolo de Internet direcciones accedan a este sitio web. </ p>

< p > Por favor, tenga en cuenta que los anuncios, cartas en cadena, esquemas piramidales, y solicitaciones son inapropiadas en esta comunidad. </ p>

< p > Nos reservamos el derecho de eliminar cualquier contenido por cualquier razón o sin razón alguna todo. Nos reservamos el derecho de cancelar cualquier membresía por cualquier razón o ningunarazón en absoluto. </ p>

< p > Debe tener al menos 13 años de edad para utilizar este servicio. </ p>
    ";

• Thank you vrijvlinder.

I'm editing captured.php with your definitions, but I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/eliaspov/public_html/foro/locales/spanish/captured.php on line 221

That's the line:

$Definition['I agree to the < a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="%s" >terms of service< /a >'] = "Estoy de acuerdo con los< a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="forum/dashboard/home/termsofservice" >términos de servicio< /a >";

• It seems to work with this one:

$Definition['I agree to the <a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="%s">terms of service</a>'] = 'Estoy de acuerdo con <a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="%s">los términos de servicio</a>';

Thank you again. :D

a syntax error can be caused by a missing semicolon or extra comas or a T link, it is possible it did not like the way I put the link. The important part is that it works and links to the right place. so whatever works for you is good :)

• Hola soy nuevo en vanilla y me gustaría saber cuál es el mejor locale de traducción, puesto que veo varios disponibles. ^^

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013
     "Estoy de acuerdo con los< a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="forum/dashboard/home/termsofservice" >términos de servicio< /a >";

should be

'Estoy de acuerdo con los< a id="TermsOfService" class="Popup" target="terms" href="forum/dashboard/home/termsofservice" >términos de servicio< /a >';

SINGLE QUOTE surrounding the definition after the = (in this case because you have numerous double quotes).

bad
    - you can't  use  "blah "blah " "                      //  not allowed
    - you can't use  'blah 'blah' '                           // not allowed

goo

-either  ' something "something"'   //  single surrounding double
    - or "something \"something\""      // double quotes escaped

or the same with single quotes and double quotes reversed in the last two statements.

with double quotes variables will evaluate, with single quotes they won't.

Spoiler - below - don't read below unless you need to click on it.

insightful :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

lol you scoundrel !! Yes some bad quotes can cause unexpected error