Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Homepage Bonk Error appears to be in Tagging Enhanced Module

TexdkrTexdkr New
edited November 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The error occurred on or near: /home/texdkr/public_html/vanilla/plugins/Tagging/class.tagmodule.php
28:
29: //JP: Initialise
30: $this->_TagModuleTitle = "";
31: $this->_TagLinkURL = ""; //JP: Used to store TAG Link URL string (different for category vs discussions views)
32: $this->_CategoryID = $Sender->Category->CategoryID; //JP: This variable will only contain value if categories controller is calling it
33: $this->_ControllerData = Array(); //JP: Used to store controller data
34:
35: parent::__construct($Sender);
36: }

I installed the tagging enhanced module and it seemed to worked fine once I made modifications to these 2 files:
vanilla\models\class.discussionmodel.php (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/tagging-plugin)
class.tagging.plugin.php (http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24911/code-256-exception-table-db-gdn-discussion-doesn-t-exist#latest)

I wanted to show the Category Description so I made changes to the config.php file per
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/196261#Comment_196261

Now if I have my homepage set to "All Categories" Or "Categories and Discussions", I get a Homepage Bonk error.

If I disable Tagging Enhanced plugin, then all homepage settings work fine.

I searched the questions and forums, but did not see this error in particular.

I am running Vanilla version 2.0.18.8 on Linux

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013 Answer ✓

FYI:Generally a good idea when posting a question about a plugin to post it under the plugin.
    so others can see the relationship when viewing plugin comments. I tied it into your other discussion in the tagging enhanced plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24911/code-256-exception-table-db-gdn-discussion-doesn-t-exist

@Texdkr

you can change tagging enhaced plugin like this....

in class.tagging.module.php

change from

to

it will give you the tagging as if you were looking at the discussions page.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

so is this resolved. or do you still have an issue you want to resolve?

if still a problen, say what you want to do again. and we can help you work through it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I would like to be able to enable Tagging Enhanced Plugin AND set my Homepage to All Categories. Right now I can only set my Homepage to All Categories if I disable the Tagging Enhanced Plugin.
    Thanks.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

do you want to work on resolving it now? can't promise anything but I'm willing to try to help.

• Now if I have my homepage set to "All Categories" Or "Categories and Discussions", I get a Homepage Bonk error.

If I disable Tagging Enhanced plugin, then all homepage settings work fine.

Sorry, but we need the details of the Bonk error for the bug report. Can you create one on github please?

Don't know whether to do it in /Addons (maybe the community addons have separate repository)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013 Answer ✓

FYI:Generally a good idea when posting a question about a plugin to post it under the plugin.
    so others can see the relationship when viewing plugin comments. I tied it into your other discussion in the tagging enhanced plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24911/code-256-exception-table-db-gdn-discussion-doesn-t-exist

@Texdkr

you can change tagging enhaced plugin like this....

in class.tagging.module.php

change from

to

it will give you the tagging as if you were looking at the discussions page.

• @peregrine Thanks. It was a partial fix. The Categories and Discussions homepage view now works after the above change, but the All Categories homepage view still crashes. I am working through it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@Texdkr

you didn't mention categories/all fixed :)

but this should change behavior - replace the if in the code I originally posted and see if this helps you.

maybe you will like this better.

change

if (($Switcher == "Categories") && ($ControllerMethod == "discussions"))

to

if (($Switcher == "Categories")  && (($ControllerMethod == "discussions") || ($ControllerMethod == "all")))