Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove #Item_1 from links ?

I have a banner ad showing above the comment section. But since all the links that are shown anywhere on forum has a #Item_1 appended to it, which when clicked on, displays the section just below the Ad and the Ad does not appear at all !!

My requirement is how to disable this appending of #Item_1 to all links ?

From searching for a related solution found the follwing suggestion to be added in conf/settings.php "$Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = FALSE;" But adding this didnt help!

Appreciate any help in removing #Item_1 appending to link, which will eventually help improve the revenue .. :)

Thanks a lot

Tagged:

Comments

• scottyscotty
    edited February 2014

This question is regarding a v1 installation, which i think should not matter but not sure. any idea guys ?

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2014

My comment here is based around the code of Vanilla 1.1.10, but the following information should apply to the other versions of Vanilla 1 also.

There does not seem to be a configuration setting for to disable the "#Item_" identifier in Vanilla 1.1.10. The "#Item_" identifier is located in several files. One of the files is /library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Functions.php, which has a couple functions that use the "#Item_" identifier: GetLastCommentQuerystring() and GetUnreadQuerystring(). Try searching through this file for the #Item_ identifier and change it to, for example, an empty string.

I am not sure if this file is the only one you have to change, so you may also use a text editor, such as Notepad++ or Sublime Text, to search through all files for the "#Item_" identifier to see which ones need to be modified.

What modifications have you made to Vanilla 1 that are keeping you from upgrading to Vanilla 2, besides the FB comments addition that you mentioned in another discussion here?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Thanks Shadowdare, i actually for once tried to search through the code in a MS Windows folder but it didnt match any of these!!, so I was sort of confused wondering where are these coming from in code. After reading your comment i took a zip of everything to linux box and did a grep there, it actually found the same places you have mentioned ... :)

will try to make these changes and see the effect.

Regarding my v1 installation, it is a 5-6 year old installation and i dont even remember where all i have made changes in code, basically customizations. It has been running fine without issues and i'm mostly inactive beyond that thinking "if it ain't broken why fix it .. :) "

cheers!!