Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Locale definitions

I'm looking for three locale definitions

How to change this:
1. x discussie x reactiesMost recent: (topic title) by (username)(date)
This one is on the category (home)page, below every category.

1. Notify me when people start new discussions. (advancednotification setting in my preferences)
  2. Notify me when people comment on a discussion. (advancednotification)

Can you help me? I've searched high and low for them, but they're nowhere to be found! My eternal gratitude will be yours :)

The website is, toneelgroepantwerpen.be/forum/

Comments

• Options

three locale definitions

just put the exact words of the three you are looking for, or put an image up with the 3 circled. It is unclear. You have 1. 1. and 2.

Are you are searching for these:

$Definition['Notify me when people start new discussions.'] = "Notify me Now about new discussions!"
    $Definition['Notify me when people comment on a discussion.'] ="Notify me  about comments!"

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Ah it was automatically changed in the 1 2 it should be 1 2 3 of course!

Those are 2/3 of the ones I'm looking for, thanks so much :)

The 3rd one I'm looking for is under every category on the category page. The line that says [4 discussions 17 reactionsMost recent: Ledenvergadering friday by Robert5 july]

The SPAN classes call them, DiscussionCount, CommentCount, LastDiscussionTitle, LastCommentDate, how would those transfer to locales?

(just realize they might be seperate locales)

Again, thanks for the help with the first two!

• Options

The recurring part in red :)

• Options

$Definition['Most recent: %1$s by %2$s'] ='Currently: %1$s with %2$s'

you want to leave the %1$s and %2$s in there most likely.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks so much! You're definitely awesome!

• Options
    avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
    edited March 2014

Hope I'm not hijacking this discussion but i think it's right for my question.
    I tried to setup a definition in locale so that when a visitor not logged in clicks a tag they get a message to sign up or login to see the relevant discussions instead of the current message which just says "No items tagged with ****"
    The definition is entered in exactly the same way as my Howdy Stranger one but doesn't make the required change.

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['Howdy, Stranger!'] = 'image
    Avantime Owners UK';

$Definition["GuestModule.Message"] = "Here you will find a friendly and informal meeting place for the discussion of everything Avantime. If you would like to take part and gain access to the additional 1200+ discussion topics, please sign in or apply for membership below!";

$Definition["All Tags"] = "Click on a Tag word to search for relevant discussions";

$Definition["No items tagged with"] = "Login or sign up to our forum to view discussions relating to";

Any ideas please?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

@avantime4mike said:
    Hope I'm not hijacking this discussion but i think it's right for my question.
    I tried to setup a definition in locale so that when a visitor not logged in clicks a tag they get a message to sign up or login to see the relevant discussions instead of the current message which just says "No items tagged with ****"
    The definition is entered in exactly the same way as my Howdy Stranger one but doesn't make the required change.

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['Howdy, Stranger!'] = 'image
    Avantime Owners UK';

$Definition["GuestModule.Message"] = "Here you will find a friendly and informal meeting place for the discussion of everything Avantime. If you would like to take part and gain access to the additional 1200+ discussion topics, please sign in or apply for membership below!";

$Definition["All Tags"] = "Click on a Tag word to search for relevant discussions";

$Definition["No items tagged with"] = "Login or sign up to our forum to view discussions relating to";

Any ideas please?

to find definitions.

go to your forum directory via ssh

then use grep

e.g. the R means search all directories recursively and the i mean ignore the case (upper and lower case of the search string will be presented.). grep is essentially a text matcher for all files represented by the *

grep -Ri "no items tagged" *

then you will see a T("No items tagged with %s.")

the T( whatever is in the parenthesese needs to be the definition on the left)

so
    $Definition["No items tagged with %s."] = "Login or sign up to our forum to view discussions relating to %s.";

the %s fills in the necessary tag.

the left side of equation in the definition has to to exactly match the thing you see in the T(....) (except when you see a comma).