Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

554 "new" Applicants... ;)

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

V2.1B2 /Opera/FF

Argh... never touch a running system... ;(

I tried to change the User registration so, that applicant need Admin and E-Mail approval.
Suddenly almost all my users are now Applicants!! :s
Now it shows in the Account option "554 Applicants". So almost almost all my old Users are now Applicants... :D
When I try to approve one or All users, nothing is happening.. its doing something, then returns to the applicant user list as if nothing has happened...

Maybe there are some leftovers from converting my Forum from PhpBB3 to Vanilla...
Where do I have to look in the Database to set "approve"?

I tried "Verified" in "GDN_User", but thats not it...

Thanx for any Help... ;)

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Applicants are in the email confirm role

I suggest you use cleanser plugin to flush them out and start using BotStopApproval plugin to stop bot applicants.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2014

@‌vrijvlinder he is talking about legitimate users.

What ever you do back up first.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Go to /role/defaultroles and adjust your Applicant role selection to one you're not using.

edited April 2014

Sorry I misread the question. :(

How come that is a hidden config ? it does not appear in the side menu...

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2014

Generally, you won't need to change it. A warning appears with a link if it gets unset. This applicant thing happens sometimes tho; I think an additional check is needed.

//edit I filed an issue about it https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1849

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

ThX, Lincoln... that did the trick... ;)

For all other Newbies like me do this:

0.Go to the Dashboard>Roles&Permissions

1. Make a new role for Applicants and save it

2. Use phpMyAdmin to look into your Database

3. search for "GDN_Role" and inside for the RoleID of your new applicant Role

4. Now open your config.php in "Yourforum>conf"

5. search for: $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ApplicantRoleID'] = 'RoleID';

6. exchange the RoleID with the ID of your new Applicants role and save it...

Thats it... ;)

@Lincoln: fyi:

This error seems not only to be after Import, but also in this case.... as described here under "Porting phpBB3" Nr.7.:

"b) CHANGE THE LANGUAGE BACK TO ENGLISH ON IMPORT! There seems to be some settings that are not shown in a different language (for example GERMAN, this text after Import is not shown: "You don't have your default roles set up. To correct this problem click here.") "

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Ah ha, thanks for the additional info. That's troublesome that the German translation would blank that message. The appropriate action would be to show the English version if it's missing.

I smell a bug finder badge on Dr_Sommer ;)

Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Insekten Detektiv Dr_Sommer :p