Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

anonymous does not remember categories

qazqaz
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

settings do not save (using the dashboard); they just revert back when logged out, with no category to choose, only Root by default. I would like this plugin to remember the category list. Any solution to this?

Best Answer

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

try putting it in config.php manually and test (and don't go back to the dashboard if it removes it)

$Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = array(1,2);

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

try putting it in config.php manually and test (and don't go back to the dashboard if it removes it)

$Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = array(1,2);

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

this is the original config setting:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = 'a:12:{i:0;s:1:"1";i:1;s:1:"2";i:2;s:1:"3";i:3;s:1:"4";i:4;s:1:"5";i:5;s:1:"6";i:6;s:1:"7";i:7;s:1:"8";i:8;s:1:"9";i:9;s:2:"10";i:10;s:2:"11";i:11;s:2:"12";}';

and replaced it with this:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = array('Life', 'Your Boss', 'Your Co-Workers', 'Your Husband', 'Your Wife', 'Your Boyfriend', 'Your Girlfriend', 'inLaws');

and it still did not work, have i done this wrong? Categories do not show when trying to post a discussion anonymously. Any ideas please.

Thanks for your answer, very appreciated.
    cheers

• Options

It was just a thought. apparently the values are serialized. I don't know what the proper values you need to put in.

• Options

Thanks.
    The category pulldown list only works if you are logged in. As soon as you are logged out it wont work, which defeats the purpose of posting anonymously.

• Options

If you think it's a bug @qaz then open a bugreport on github and report back the bug report number so I can add it to the topic title.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

This is still a problem.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014