Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notifications ...

I Didnt enable Awards plugin still i am getting this message after posting in to any thread

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

These messages are not created by the Awards plugin, they must be coming from somewhere else (it's the first time I see them).

• That message box is from the Yaga application. It only is displayed if debug is enabled in Vanilla.

Set the debug setting to false in /conf/config.php like so:

$Configuration['Debug'] = false;

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

@Shadowdare said:
    That message box is from the Yaga application.

A-ha! I knew it was not one of my messages, I don't use that event.

Note: Yaga and the Awards plugin provide some overlapping features (i.e. badges). It makes little sense to use them both on the same site.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Shadowdare said:
    That message box is from the Yaga application. It only is displayed if debug is enabled in Vanilla.

Set the debug setting to false in /conf/config.php like so:

$Configuration['Debug'] = false;

Looks like I forgot to remove that debugging code. @businessdad‌ do you think I should leave stuff like that in?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

@hgtonight said:
    Looks like I forgot to remove that debugging code. businessdad‌ do you think I should leave stuff like that in?

In my opinion, debug code can always be useful, as long as it can be turned on and off when needed. In my plugins, I use the Logger and simply call methods such as Logger::error(), Logger:info(), Logger::debug(), so that all that's needed is to set the appropriate level, and the log messages are automatically written, or skipped, without having to check if(debug()) every time. :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@businessdad said:
    In my opinion, debug code can always be useful, as long as it can be turned on and off when needed. In my plugins, I use the Logger and simply call methods such as Logger::error(), Logger:info(), Logger::debug(), so that all that's needed is to set the appropriate level, and the log messages are automatically written, or skipped, without having to check if(debug()) every time. :)

I am not sure if introducing a dependency purely for logging is a good idea for my situation. Also, looks like logging has been added to the core in the future.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited June 2014

I removed all the said code . still I am getting debug messages

@hgtonight said:
    I am not sure if introducing a dependency purely for logging is a good idea for my situation. Also, looks like logging has been added to the core in the future.

I had to develop a plugin because there wasn't a viable alternative solution to get some flexible logging (it was the first plugin I developed, as it's one of the "can't do without" features for my projects), but you don't necessarily have to use it, if you are ok with your own debug code. :)

• Thanks