HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback for Resized Image Lightbox (RIL)

2»

Comments

• @hgtonight said:
    That is not the intended behavior. Looks like a classic case of z fighting.

Any idea if that issue can be fixed? I just played around with the jQuery Fancybox plugin, but that one doesn't work neither, at least on Vanilla 2.1 (@peregrine's fix to the FileUpload plugin makes it work on attached pictures' thumbnails, but not on inserted pictures that have been downsized).

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@MasterOne said:
    Any idea if that issue can be fixed? I just played around with the jQuery Fancybox plugin, but that one doesn't work neither, at least on Vanilla 2.1 (@peregrine's fix to the FileUpload plugin makes it work on attached pictures' thumbnails, but not on inserted pictures that have been downsized).

This is an issue with your theme. If you verify the same issue is present on the Baseline+, Bittersweet, or Embed Friendly themes, I can look into it.

Otherwise, you need to find the conflict in your CSS rules and set the 'z-index' rule properly.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• MasterOneMasterOne ✭✭
    edited July 2014

@hgtonight said:
    This is an issue with your theme. If you verify the same issue is present on the Baseline+, Bittersweet, or Embed Friendly themes, I can look into it.

Otherwise, you need to find the conflict in your CSS rules and set the 'z-index' rule properly.

Yes, same issue with +Baseline, Bittersweet and Embed Friendly, I just switched it through. You can see for yourself by revisiting >>> this demo-posting <<< (I've let it switched to +Baseline for you to try).

My theme is just an adapted baseline anyway, and I don't have any 'z-index' rule in my custom.css

Do you have a site running on Vanilla 2.1 with the plugin enabled where I can take a look how it's supposed look like when functioning properly?

I still don't see this issue on my test installation.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Disable all plugins
    2. Enable Resized Image Lightbox
    3. Test to see if it works right

If it does, do the following:

1. Enable 1 desired plugin
    2. Test to see if Resized Images still work right.
    3. Repeat until all plugins are enabled or step 2 fails

Report back with your findings.

I hope we can get this sorted out for you!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Problem identified: It's caused by FileUpload v1.8.2.1, when disabled, your plugin behaves normally.

@peregrine‌, I applied your backport patches to make FileUpload work with Vanilla 2.1 as instructed in the appropriate discussion, everything else working normally except this problematic interaction with @hgtonight‌'s plugin. I've removed your FancyBox patch to FileUpload again after removing the FancyBox plugin.

@hgtonight‌, sorry for having said your plugin isn't working in the other discussion, and sorry in case I've wasted your time, I promise I'll follow the procedure (switching to +Baseline & deactivating ALL plugins BEFORE posting a problem report) from now on. ;)

@MasterOne said:
    hgtonight‌, sorry for having said your plugin isn't working in the other discussion, and sorry in case I've wasted your time, I promise I'll follow the procedure (switching to +Baseline & deactivating ALL plugins BEFORE posting a problem report) from now on. ;)

Thanks. Sorry for sounding butt-hurt. ;)

Now that we know what the conflict is, we can make some modifications to increase the robustness of the code. Mind posting the modified file of FileUpload you had? Zip or pastebin link is fine.

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    Now that we know what the conflict is, we can make some modifications to increase the robustness of the code. Mind posting the modified file of FileUpload you had? Zip or pastebin link is fine.

It was the patch for making FancyBox work with the FileUpload thumbnails, which @peregrine‌ posted >>> here <<<. I tried FancyBox with it, but unfortunately that plugin is abandoned and only worked with the FileUpload thumbnails, @peregrine tried some modifications to get it to work with inserted downsized pictures as well, but that didn't work out, so I removed the FancyBox plugin and that patch to plugins/FileUpload/views/link_files.php again.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

out of curiousity if you add the patch, does it cause the RIL plugin to fail, if the FancyBox plugin is not enabled.
    I know there is not much sense adding the patch, but just curious, what your results are. @masterone

and the second question is, without the patch does enabling the fancybox plugin cause RIL to fail.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    out of curiousity if you add the patch, does it cause the RIL plugin to fail, if the FancyBox plugin is not enabled.

Adding the patch to plugins/FileUpload/views/link_files.php with FancyBox disabled does not change the behavior of RIL, still the same problem as before (with FileUpload enabled).

@peregrine said:
    and the second question is, without the patch does enabling the fancybox plugin cause RIL to fail.

Without the patch with FancyBox and RIL enabled still the same problem as before (with FileUpload enabled), RIL shows the same unwanted effect, and FancyBox no effect at all.

• MasterOneMasterOne ✭✭
    edited July 2014

With patched FileUpload and FancyBox + RIL enabled, FancyBox works on FileUpload thumbnails as expected, RIL shows the same problem as before.

BTW @hgtonight‌, I can not disable RIL from the Dashboard, it just stays enabled. The only way to disable it is to edit config.php manually.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

thx @MasterOne‌

so bottomline FancyBox and RIL enabled causes the RIL not to work with inline images.

so I just wanted to make sure that if someone uses myattachments plugin and ril and fancybox

they can actually just use the fancybox portion in the profile controller where myattachments plugin works.

so a potential change to to make it coexist.

RIL works in discussions, etc.
    FancyBox works on attachments on the MyAttachment page.

change line 50 in the fancybox plugin in class.vanillalightbox.plugin.php  around line 50

$DisplayOn =  array('activitycontroller', 'discussioncontroller', 'profilecontroller', 'messagecontroller');

to 
                      // only let it work on profile page (i.e. mayattachments plugin).
                      $DisplayOn =  array( 'profilecontroller');

BTW @hgtonight‌, I can not disable RIL from the Dashboard, it just stays enabled. The only way to disable it is to edit config.php manually.

I just downloaded RIL - it enables and disable perfectly.

@masterone
    are you sure you named the folder correctly when adding the plugin
    folder name is ResizedImageLightbox - as it should be and is in the extraction.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• MasterOneMasterOne ✭✭
    edited July 2014

@hgtonight‌ & @peregrine‌:

You can have another look >>> here <<< with patched FileUpload + FancyBox + RIL enabled.

• FancyBox works on FileUpload thumbnails as expected.
    • RIL kind of works, but shows the unexpected behavior with the downsized picture staying in the foreground until the mouse is moved outside the downsized picture -> that behavior is caused by FileUpload, so when I disable the FileUpload plugin that problem is gone and RIL works as expected.

@peregrine, FileUpload v1.8.2.1 is causing RIL to show that misbehavior, which is not related to your latest patch for making FancyBox work with FileUpload thumbnails, but something like "a classic case of z fighting" as @hgtonight‌ expected a few comments earlier.

1. Open `/plugins/ResizedImageLightbox/design/resizedimagelightbox.css'
    2. Change line 17 to z-index: 101 !important;
    3. Change line 22 to z-index: 102;
    4. Profit

Search first

• @hgtonight said:

1. Profit

is that profit or should it be prophecy or prophet,

• @hgtonight‌, thanks, that fixed the problem. I think I leave both plugins enabled, RIL for the downsized inserted pics, and FancyBox for the FileUpload thumbnails, I just don't like it when someone clicks on any pic and it opens on a new page, requiring to use the browser back button.

@vrijvlinder‌, it's just about that inconvenience with anything opening on a new page, not really about getting the full sized picture, and for that I don't think forum users should have to install a browser plugin.

• MasterOneMasterOne ✭✭
    edited July 2014

@Masterone said:

BTW hgtonight‌, I can not disable RIL from the Dashboard, it just stays enabled. The only way to disable it is to edit config.php manually.

@peregrine said:
    I just downloaded RIL - it enables and disable perfectly.
    are you sure you named the folder correctly when adding the plugin
    folder name is ResizedImageLightbox - as it should be and is in the extraction.

Problem found: When extracting the ZIP from the Github repo, the folder is named "ResizedImageLightBox" instead of "ResizedImageLightbox".

@MasterOne said:
    Problem found: When extracting the ZIP from the Github repo, the folder is named "ResizedImageLightBox" instead of "ResizedImageLightbox".

Nice catch! I will look to migrate to a properly cased repo in the future.

Search first