HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I wonder what that secret role is, that you’ve got…

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

Looking at @hgtonight s profile, I see roles "Moderator, , Developer" and I read that as "Moderator, SomeMysteriousAndSecretRoleThatNoOneElseCanSee, Developer" because some other mods, like @Shadowdare, don't have that additional comma, denoting a hidden role!!!

@peregrine, @x00, @businessdad - you have got "Member, SomeMysteriousAndSecretRoleThatNoOneElseCanSee, Developer", whereas me only have "Member, Developer". Your secret role might be identical to the secret role @hgtonight has, but who should know...!? Maybe you've all got all different secret roles!!!
I'm convinced there is at least more than one ultra secret role, because when I look at @UnderDog s profile, I found that impertinent consolidation of secret roles "Moderator, , , Developer"!!! :o
Another hint for having more than one secret role is that @Linc ("Administrator, Staff,") and @Adrian ("Administrator, , Staff"), who are part of that conspiracy, too, which is no surprise because one of the officials must be one of THEM, are having the secret role proof comma on a different location, so that there are obviously two or more different secret roles!!!

I wonder if @Kasper, @Todd and @Tim ("Administrator, Staff") are knowing what is going on behind the reception of US normal forum users, because their roles show no irregularities. But certainly they could also be spies for THEM only pretending to be one of US!!! Only one of them or all three - you can never be sure about that nowadays... Maybe their job is to ensure that none of THEIR conspiratorial behavior is observable for US! :o

I wonder what else is going on behind the scenes... ;)

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Looks like the extra commas are merely a bug; I found nothing out of the ordinary when checking the roles in the dashboard.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Wild guess: the "disappeared" role should be "MVP".

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I'm pretty sure that happened with the old role-deletion bug where if you tried to designate a replacement that any of the effected members already had, the whole thing kicked the bucket and the UserRole records got stuck. Not a current bug, just the mess from an old one I haven't mopped up yet.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Can confirm, I have a Mysterious And Secret Role. The kicker is that you CAN see it! It's name just happens to be a zero width space character: '​'

;)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

@businessdad said:
    Wild guess: the "disappeared" role should be "MVP".

Yes, that is EXACTLY when I noticed the blanks with comma change, after we were removed from the MVP role. Somewhere about 9 months to 18 months ago.

I now consider it the bermuda triangle role or maybe the area 51 role.

@r_j - I'm betting you wish you had the ",," role. first you must get the crystal ball badge. though :).

and @422 and x00 also had the role, it was from the earlier users who were MVP's

which role makes quotes indistinguishable from other text (just recently occurred)? that could be another bug that was introduced inadvertently as well.

@hgtonight said: Can confirm, I have a Mysterious And Secret Role. The kicker is that you CAN see it! It's name just happens to be a zero width space character: '​'

that is the place where you enter your vanilla version number  >:) 

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Boring explanations - bug! That's what they want us to think...

@peregrine said:
    @r_j - I'm betting you wish you had the ",," role

I'm jealous on that one: "Moderator, , , Developer". Looks slightly like "Double O Agent UnderDog"...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

@R_J said:
    Boring explanations - bug! That's what they want us to think...

I'm jealous on that one: "Moderator, , , Developer". Looks slightly like "Double O Agent UnderDog"...

Underdog - has two supersecret roles. The "cat" is out of the bag now for Underdog

Underdog is working for both sides as you may have known. He was a cold war puppy.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

• Options
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Designating a role as "Personal Info" (which is a separate permission for Moderators, etc) is in core for 2.3.