Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

There is a way to have two sidebars? One on the left, one on the right?

There is a way to have two sidebars? One on the left, one on the right?

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

personally sidebars on the right work better, becuase we for the most part read left to right, so left sidebar tend to make a site looked cramped IMO.

Yes it is possible to have two sidebars, right now, assets are loaded into Panel, which is your default sidebar.

You could create a second Panel an load asset into that. It does really depend on your coding skill level though.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

personally sidebars on the right work better, becuase we for the most part read left to right, so left sidebar tend to make a site looked cramped IMO.

Yes it is possible to have two sidebars, right now, assets are loaded into Panel, which is your default sidebar.

You could create a second Panel an load asset into that. It does really depend on your coding skill level though.

grep is your friend.

• I have many contents to show, I agree with the cramped look thing, but it's better than have too heighted sidebar.
    I'm not bad with coding, but I preferred ask some easy way before starting :D

Thank you x00!

• I am interested in a method to add another sidebar, too. I have to mention that I have no coding skills. How can I do this? Thanks

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You'll need at least minimum html skills...
    Copy an existing theme so that you have a start for your own theme. Then change the views/default.master.tpl so that it not only contains <div id="Panel">{asset name="Panel"}</div> but also something like <div id="Panel2">{asset name="Panel2"}</div>

Then you'll have to change every module that should be displayed in the new Panel: look inside its code and replace Panel with Panel2.

That would be the short answer. Probably there is a cleaner way and you will not have to change the modules source code, but that would be the easiest solution (although changing source code is always a bad idea)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP