Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

everyone admin regardless of roles after importing

just imported from SMF 2.0.8 and was in the process of fixing permissions on each category. Created a test user to verify things, and that's when I noticed my test user, regardless of what roles they are assigned to, and regardless of what permissions those roles have, can see the dashboard and do everything there.

Comments

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2014

The Garden.Settings.Manage permission is the permission that allows them to access the dashboard. Since you said that the users could still access the dashboard regardless of what permission their roles have, then one thing that it could be is that the Admin property for each user isn't set to 0.

Do you have a way to look at the records in the database tables for your forum? If not, there's Adminer. Select the GDN_User table and find your test user. The Admin property for the affected users should be set to 0. If it's set to 1, for example, the user would be able to access the dashboard regardless of permissions.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Only the user I was prompted to make admin during the import shows a 1 in the admin column.

The only role that this user is assigned to goes not grant the Garden.Settings.Manage permission.

They still have full access to the dashboard after an import.

• Options

ok. bit of clarification, its only the users imported that are displaying this problem (must have reused the test account I had before)

• Options
    edited August 2014

Is there anything else that would help to debug this?

• Options
    edited August 2014

@Shadowdare‌ May have solved it. All the imported users had entries in the GDN_UserRole table assigning them to role 0.

• Options

Confirming fixed (for me anyway), might be worth investigating if other SMF 2.x imports display the same issue.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Thank you for following up; I filed an issue about this here: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/2022