Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't get Countdown plugin to display images properly

Got it installed in Vanilla 2.1, it shows the text under where the countdown images should be, but not the images.

Saw this line in class.countdown.plugin.php:

$ImgSrc = Asset('/plugins/Countdown/design/'.$CountdownDigits.'.png');

and tried changing it to:

$ImgSrc = Asset('plugins/Countdown/design/'.$CountdownDigits.'.png');

Since my forum is not at the root... no dice. Any suggestions?

Comments

• can you post your .htaccess

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Inspect the area where the Countdown images should be on the page in your web browser. What URL do the images link to in the page output?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

you can always change it to this - but you have problems on your site

$ImgSrc = Asset("http://yourdomain/yourforum/plugins/Countdown/design'.$CountdownDigits.'.png');

either your .htaccess or nginx settings or something in config or footer of theme is not set properly is my guess.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I did mod my theme a bit, any hints on what I should look for in there?

• Whoa...

Getting somewhere. Disabled all plugins I don't absolutely need and the images display.

Now to try to figure out which one was messing things up. I had a few plugins that probably are trying to do very similar things... like buttons/sprites,etc.

• And the culprit is "Inform New Comments" plugin. Can anyone else confirm that these two plugins don't play nice (especially if Vanilla is not installed int he root directory) ?