Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Old forum directory keeps getting recreated

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

I'm on 2.1.1 stable.

Last week, the group for whom I run our forum voted to rename the forum to something new, and asked that I change the vanilla directory to match. Previously, the forum had been hosted at domain.name/onlinecampus/ and I moved it domain.name/orca/ simply by

1. Renaming the directory
  2. Deleting the .ini files in the /cache directory

Everything works fine, but there's a weird thing coming up, in that the /onlinecampus/ directory keeps getting recreated. It's empty, but puzzling and mildly troubling to me, because as soon as it's recreated, the redirect I set up from /onlinecampus/ to /orca/ stops working, until I delete the directory again.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's being recreated, and I'd like to rule out Vanilla before I get into the server settings themselves; is there anything in the Vanilla code or the database settings that I missed, that would recreating the /onlinecampus/ directory?

If not, great! I can move on to check out other possible causes.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2014

You can safely rule out Vanilla it is not capable of this. I mean your permission/and ownership should not be set so an application could control this anyway.

grep is your friend.