Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress - Couldn't find a Vanilla Forum at this url :/

edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When i try to integrate Vanilla with Wordpress 4.0 i get "Couldn't find a Vanilla Forum at this url :/" so the widgets and comment embedding doesn't work... Embedding of forum works of course, but integrations doesn't. I have cURL enabled, i have a correct path to forum, the folder ftp permissions are set 755.
I don't understand what's the problem?

www.slavorum.org/forum/ <- Actual location of forum

www.slavorum.org/community/ <- Wordpress page with embedded forum

Comments

• sometimes this check doesn't work. it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. The proof is in the pudding.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    sometimes this check doesn't work. it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. The proof is in the pudding.

But it doesn't work, i mean comments won't embed in wordpress and vanilla widgets are blank.

• would need an example.

grep is your friend.

• I've managed to set it up, seems that DNS had to propagate it first. Wierd, but it works now.

• Hi Marcus - can you expand on the solution you used ? I can't get rid of this error no mater what I do

• Couldn't find a Vanilla Forum at this url :/
    • PHP Version 5.4.32
      curl is enabled
      permissions set properly

Grrrrrrr ..............

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

See this for a potential workaround: https://github.com/vanilla/wordpress-vanilla/issues/1

• @davidhuntersays said:
    Hi Marcus - can you expand on the solution you used ? I can't get rid of this error no mater what I do

• Couldn't find a Vanilla Forum at this url :/
    • PHP Version 5.4.32
      curl is enabled
      permissions set properly

Grrrrrrr ..............

I still have the error "Couldn't find a Vanilla Forum at this url :/" but the point is it is just this checkup that won't work but everything else works, embedding, comments and single sign in. So basically you just have to let your dns propagate/recognize the forum and these perks will work (except the checking is the forum on said url).