Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook Publish

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to setup social publishing from vanilla forum to a facebook account or group?

I have a very large facebook group and would like to make a forum for the members and would like posts made on the forum to be passed onto the group when published by members, without having them click a social share button like adthis etc

Any suggestions from anyone?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Have you tried embedding your forum into facebook ?

There is no way to automatically post to Facebook.

There is something for that using wordpress where it publishes your blogs to a page. But it is very buggy .

The idea of a forum is for people to participate inside the forum. You can have Facebook connect type thing where users of facebook can connect with their facebook ID .

• Options

Yeah I've done the embed option to a fanpage years ago
    Was wondering if i could do that type of sync
    I have also done the wordpress publishing and have it setup on a site
    I want to migrate from facebook to the forum but it has 10k members so wanted members who may not be aware of the full transfer see updates and then go to the forum instead.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I actually think the capacity is already in our Connect features for "overshare" mode where everything is posted, but it means all the users need their connections set up. We don't do that by default because we intensely dislike that behavior.