Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove the "copyright 2014" in the footer?

I'm using the forum embedded, and at the bottom it includes the "Copyright 2014 <Forum Name Here"> footer. How to remove this?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I cannot see that when I switch to EmbedFriendly. Maybe it is part of the WordPress plugin?

• @R_J said:
    I cannot see that when I switch to EmbedFriendly. Maybe it is part of the WordPress plugin?

I believe it's part of the embed script, so you can only see it when you embed the forum in a page.

What I did was go into the files and remove it from the embed files. Can't remember exactly which one, so I suggest searching through them (ctrl+f).

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

What I would suggest is to create a custom theme and remove that copyright hint from that custom theme. Otherwise it might be back on your next update ;)

• @omfgblondie said:
    What I did was go into the files and remove it from the embed files. Can't remember exactly which one, so I suggest searching through them (ctrl+f).

Which file to edit? There are no files called embed.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

look in you theme under /views/default.master.tpl around line 70 or so

r_j suggested to make a clone of the theme. which is a good idea, that way it won;t get overwritten when you upgrade the theme.

e.g. in bootstrap , it is here....

https://github.com/kasperisager/vanilla-bootstrap/blob/master/views/default.master.tpl#L70

or at least make a copy of your changed default.master.tpl and call it default.master.tp (as a copy of your changed template filel) , then you will have something to compare it to if you upgrade.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• achan070achan070 New
    edited November 2014

Thanks, it worked, sorta. I removed the copyright text in the box.

But the footer box still remains, so it's just an empty box at the bottom.

Is it possible to outright remove the box? I tried by removing the footer tag but doing so made the forums not work.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@achan070 said:
    Thanks, it worked, sorta. I removed the copyright text in the box.

But the footer box still remains, so it's just an empty box at the bottom.

Is it possible to outright remove the box? I tried by removing the footer tag but doing so made the forums not work.

you asked how to remove the Copyright info.

you can't remove the footer asset, because things won't work without the footer asset.

you can hide the footer with css though.

you can hide the footer with css though and it will probably work.

.page-footer {
    display:none;
    }

you need to be more descriptive in what you want to remove from the get-go. s

• how a screenshot with what you want removed if you don't want to remove the entire footer bar from displaying.

some tips when posting questions

• try to post screenshots of what you want,
    • -describe the issue as best as possible.

• if the issue isn't solved with the answers , try to provide a link to your site, so people can see the issue better.

• mention the theme you are using, the version of vanilla, etc. more info the better.

for you and others....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25115/how-to-how-can-a-new-user-better-help-the-community-when-asking-a-question

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/217104/#Comment_217104

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/206536/#Comment_206536

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thank you it worked

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

eureka. glad you got it the way you want.