Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Growing Competition to Vanilla

2»

Comments

• Options

@x00‌ ya php is adequate. JS based forums have the advantage of loading posts and replies in real time. But that can be done in PHP as well. It may be easily implemented in vanilla also when the time comes.

• Options

There is often mixup between a language, as in a syntax, and how it is implemented/used.

JavaScript is used in different way as is PHP.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

linc said: I just don't want to give everyone whiplash after that really big upgrade

personally, I wouldn't get whiplash if you released 2.3 :) by the end of the 2014 even if it was a beta 2.3

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

It is sensible to let the dust settle.

grep is your friend.

• Options

2014 is too soon for next major release. Its better to release some 1 or 2 official plugins in the mean time to address some new features, say real time conversations, or "is typing" indicator when a person is typing in a discussion https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/2255

• Options

rahul36 tbh as already stated that is not something that would scale well, without assuming serious infrastructure capability.

it is not a good candidate to for mass availability plug and play.

I think the vanilla team have other priorities than releasing these plugin that anyone could develop.

Considering they removed auto-refresh for good reason, plugin like "who is typing?", and "who is online?" are bad ideas for plugin, if you want to promote stability and scalability, assuming typical infrastructure.

grep is your friend.