Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

NOT WORKING feeddiscussions-plugin

Hi, this plugin does not work does it need a cron job? Anyone know why their is no plugin that wortks for vanilla that auto posts feeds to a forum?

Any replies and help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

RE: feed discussions plugin for vanilla does not work, no plugin to auto post rss feeds to a vanilla forum works, vanilla does not haver a working auto rss feed poster.

Comments

• Options

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/feeddiscussions-plugin official plugin does not work documentation is not helping, please someone help.

• Options

I just want to get rss feeds to make posts on my site, the link does not involve that, i understand people can not be bothered helping me ( free help ) but any advice etc would be nice.

• Options

If you read that etiquette you will know why you are not getting help. You haven’t explained what steps you have done and what isn't working.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Aslo you should also normally post under the plugin so the plugin author knows.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    UKguyUKguy
    edited November 2014
    1. i installed the plugin
    2. i added feeds
    3. nothing works ( feeds do not post i added like 10 feeds all different sites just to test )
    4. posted to a forum saying this
    5. directed to another post about making steps i already stated when 1st posting.
    6. sorry i am stressed here, just need a working plugin vanilla approved the plugin so i was sure it would work.
    7. does vanilla use cron jobs if so how to set them up for vanilla with cpanel? correct settings?
    8. why was a plugin approved when it clearly does not work, i am starting to wish i stayed with smf but i will stick with vanilla for 1 more month to see how it goes, just a rough time right now with this cms and the plugins i need are not working.
  • Options

this system uses curl

make sure your feeds are reachable by curl, ensure you php version has php-curl and all the curl functions are not disbaled. It also need simplexml module and simplexml_load_string to work.

The feeds need a LastPublishDate and entries guids and pubDates

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks i will ask one of my php programmer friends to look into this and i will check apache

• Options

Incase anyone else has these issues, when adding the curl option for cpanel just select curl ssl and not curl leave curl unticked, this would be done in apache rebuild in cpanel.

• Options

problem solved?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Well nearly lol, did what you said but i think a cron job needs to be setup, made a new post for that but basically this post has been resolved kind of. Plugin posted 1 item so it is half working now.

• Options

grep is your friend.