Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blank pages (discussion), no redirection

2»

Comments

• Mowgli76Mowgli76 New
    edited November 2014

The javascript links/buttons doesn't have regular url's as target, so there's nothing to copy

Discussion topics links for example are pure javascript it seems

I did try what you suggest where I could though. Result is still blank page

• Mowgli76Mowgli76 New
    edited November 2014

Update!

I looked at the code source. and I see that for some reason there is an extra :8888 in some links (my local server is localhost:8888)

If I copy the link and remove the extra :8888 it works :)

Now I just need to find the cause of that

Maybe Vanilla Forum treats host names with port-number incorrectly?

Thanks for help so far

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure what a discussion topic link is. It would be great if you could provide the url or screenshots for something like that.
    But if you opened up some pages in different windows and you still get blank pages, the good news are that you do not have some mysterious JavaScript bug! :)

Instead of this, you have some ordinary bug that should be revealed if you add $Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE; to /conf/config.php and maybe also error_reporting(E_ALL) to your /index.php

• Mowgli76Mowgli76 New
    edited November 2014

Discussion topic is any forum topic created in Vanilla (they are called discussions)

Debug is on (see original question)

Same is php error/warning reporting

But see my previous post. Problem is found at least

• I adjusted MAMP to not use :8888 port as part of localhost name. So now it's just localhost

Bingo. Now Vanilla works :)

But others who also use MAMP will encounter the problem I did, as port 8888 is default in MAMP/pro

So maybe the developers should look into this

• Wow, that was easy. Works perfect, thanks!