Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback on BotStop Plugin

13»

Answers

• Can anybody tell, if peregrine's modified version works on 2.1b1?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@MasterOne

Yes, it does.

My earlier, deleted question, was because I had a problem, but that was to do with sending the email, nothing to do with the plugin.

• Do I understand this right, that the original version only worked for basic registration method, and peregrine's patched version only for approval method?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@MasterOne

Do I understand this right, that the original version only worked for basic registration method, and peregrine's patched version only for approval method?

some of your questions can be answered by you testing it and trying it out the various ways.

I don't recall that what the original did

peregrine's patched version only for approval method?

Yes. peregrine's patched version only for approval method
    It wouldn't be hard to convert the others to use random numbers. use it as a model if you want. The way I figure it - approval method with modified botstop stops the most spam,

use either or.

see this thread about the modification explanation and the zip attachment.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/178015/#Comment_178015

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine

Just curious as the description of the original plugin tells the the creator only tested it with the basic method, but I guess it makes more sense to use your version of BotStop with the approval method. I haven't installed it yet, was just reading through the available info.

• Just wanted to add my voice to people having success with this plugin. I was getting a dozen or more fake registrations daily with captcha and email confirmation enabled. Was getting really tired of deleting accounts manually. Once BotStop was loaded, no more. Thanks for this. v2.0.18.8

• I tweaked the registerapproval.php but dont see the new user in applicants. I see the new user Users, but can´t change anything there, as they dont get an email

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@feelingfaceform

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.