HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrade from 2.0.18.11 to 2.1 failed bad

2»

Comments

• Options

Strange.... I see now the Admin user is listed 5 times in the GDN_UserRole table, which was causing the issue.

Deleted the 5 rows, and re-inserted a single row.

The /dashboard/utility/structure now completed with a success status

THEN, the /utility/update, also completed with a success status.

YES!!!

I suspect the 5 rows of Admin roles was caused during the initial phpBB conversion a long time ago.

Time to test

• Options

Now I can read threads.... error I get is:

Fatal Error in PHP.trigger_error();

DiscussionController->CommentData is deprecated. Use DiscussionController->Data('Comments') instead.

The error occurred on or near: /var/jost/www/nonjost/jjf2.com/library/core/functions.general.php

702: $Msg = $Name.' is deprecated.';
    703: if ($NewName)
    704: $Msg .= " Use $NewName instead.";
    705:
    706: trigger_error($Msg, E_USER_DEPRECATED);
    707: }
    708: }
    709:
    710: if (!function_exists('ExternalUrl')) {

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

its due to a plugin I suspect.

have you checked. http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

you need to
    change instances of

DiscussionController->CommentData is deprecated.

to

DiscussionController->Data('Comments') instead.

other deprecations....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21930/how-to-get-users-or-not-to-complain-that-your-plugin-doesn-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1-w-deprecations

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@jackjitsu said:
    I suspect the 5 rows of Admin roles was caused during the initial phpBB conversion a long time ago.

OK ... get your bug reporting fingers ready ... get your snapshot before you upgraded and strip it of sensitive information. This is the db we can use to test and improve updates

So clear your db of users / passwords (keep a few posts) and this might become a nice testing situation

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

crap... its certainly because of a plugin.

As I started testing... I turned all plugins back on at once, then got interrupted by a bunch of phone calls and forgot I had done that. Im sure it will work again as soon as I turn them all back off, and work through them one at a time.

MY BAD.

• Options

Im working on a full snapshot of the actual site now, so once I work through all of this and getting it working. Im going to do a clean run on a fresh snapshot.

Im hoping that this boils down to the multiple database rows + plugin conflicts and thats it.

Ill do a final summary of things that caused issues and report back.

• Options

For those wondering, the Thankful People plugin was causing that issue.

Its already listed in the thread of plugins that break under 2.1

Onward...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

Ill do a final summary of things that caused issues and report back.

will it be a novel or a short story., full of intrigue, mystery, and whudunnits. hope it gets solved by the end. I couldn't bear to read it if there wasn't a happy ending. :wink: All kidding aside, I'm sure it will prove useful, even if you just add to
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

good luck.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I should all the things that tripped me up...

Mental note: APC cache caused issues until I flushed the OpCode cache

• Options

FilterStar plugin broke... added it to the thread of broken plugins

• Options

KarmaBank also added to the broken plugin thread

KarmaBank broke with 2.1

Error thrown when reading a thread:

Fatal Error in Gdn_Cache.Failure();

Computed cache folder './cache/karmacache/21699' could not be found, or created.

The error occurred on or near: /var/jost/www/nonjost/jjf2.com/library/core/class.cache.php

589: }
    590:
    591: protected function Failure($Message) {
    592: if (Debug())
    593: throw new Exception($Message);
    594: else
    595: return Gdn_Cache::CACHEOP_FAILURE;
    596: }
    597: }

• Options

have you set correct permissions on cache folder as well as karmacache folder - it needs to be writeable.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2014

edit - ignore got confused

grep is your friend.

• Options

yes, cache is also 777 and daemon:daemon = my webserver user

drwxrwxrwx 4 daemon daemon 4096 Jul 14 14:50 cache
    drwxrwxrwx 9738 daemon daemon 303104 Jul 14 09:55 karmacache

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2014

I don't know why I always assume they disabled all plugins before updating...Or that they followed directions carefully.. One of the directions is to disable all plugins and use the default theme....

• Options

@jackjitsu‌

I have improved the cache, if you are using another cache (apart from dirty), it should use that.

Would you like to give this a spin?

https://github.com/x00/KarmaBank-Vanilla-Plugin/archive/0.9.7.0b.zip

grep is your friend.