Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Automating thread creation based on floders content.

I am a new PHP developer playing with vanilla forum for our site.

I want to automate thread creation based on a script which will run after a set interval.The script will review a specific folder for image files and for each file create a new discussion thread .Once the discussion thread is live the image will be moved to another folder.

Is there any add on that can help me .Or any guidance that how can I achieve the above.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is an API but I think not for 2.1. See here for more info on the API: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/213561#Comment_213561

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

The API requires 2.2+ which is in alpha stage right now. I wouldn't suggest using it for production.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• You can use the DiscussionModel, using some User like the System User the question is if you are going to do it through a cron job, and if you want it to be a standalone internal script or you wan to invoke the dispatcher through HTTP in which case you would need some basic security, to ensure.

I would first study how to use the discussion model. There are plugin that use it, and in the core.

grep is your friend.