Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

IPB 3.4.5 to Vanilla 2.1 - No Posts

2»

Comments

• Also I fixed the avatars by grabbing them from the IPB install and dumping them into a folder in the uploads directory. I also used a mass renaming tool to rename them all correctly.

• Results: So if I had the NBBC plugin enabled, all my old posts show up in Vanilla with all their HTML tags unprocessed.

If I turn the plugin off, it all gets formatted by the HTML tags.

• @Simeon_Griggs said:
    Results: So if I had the NBBC plugin enabled, all my old posts show up in Vanilla with all their HTML tags unprocessed.

is this a question?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Simeon_Griggs said:
    Results: So if I had the NBBC plugin enabled, all my old posts show up in Vanilla with all their HTML tags unprocessed.

Sooooo... IPB uses HTML? I asked about what formatting it uses above. I can't guess this part, I need some data to work with. Is it BBCode or not?

• @Linc said:
    Sooooo... IPB uses HTML? I asked about what formatting it uses above. I can't guess this part, I need some data to work with. Is it BBCode or not?

Yeah I guess it's strange. You use BBCode on the forum to format text, but the database stores that as HTML.

So where before the migration brought over no formatting, now it brings over HTML formatting. So I suppose the NBBC plugin is unnecessary.

There is still an issue with UTF or HTML entities or something, for example: "Photos you’ve taken", but I'm guessing this could be easily fixed with a find/replace on the database.

• @peregrine said:

No. It's an update because threads like this regularly turn up in Google results so I wanted to keep a commentary going of how the plugin worked at this time.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

In that case:

update GDN_Discussion set Format = 'Html';

update GDN_Comment set Format = 'Html';

The entity issue is probably an encoding problem. If it's only a few things that goofed up, it might be more time than it's worth to debug.