Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I delete this script "A fatal error occurred while processing the request..."

I have installed the latest version 2.1.8p2 and using the default theme,
and i got this in the footer:

<script>
var definitions = {
'AnalyticsTask' : "tick",
'TransportError' : "A fatal error occurred while processing the request.<br \/>The server returned the following response: %s",
'TransientKey' : "U0M060FORUUT",
'WebRoot' : "http:\/\/community.byethost31.com\/",
'UrlFormat' : "\/{Path}",
'Path' : "",
'Args' : "",
'ResolvedPath' : "vanilla\/discussions\/index",
'ResolvedArgs' : "{\"Page\":false}",
'SignedIn' : 2,
'SetHourOffset' : 7,
'ConfirmHeading' : "Confirm",
'ConfirmText' : "Are you sure you want to do that?",
'Okay' : "Okay",
'Cancel' : "Cancel",
'Search' : "Search"}
</script>

I also tried by deleting {asset name="Foot"} inside the default.master.tpl and it has disappeared, but i see another error:

global.js?v=2.1.8p2:206 Uncaught ReferenceError: definitions is not defined

line 206:
if(!(definition in definitions)) {
return defaultVal;
}

What is that bug? how to can i fix that bug?
This is my forum: http://community.byethost31.com/

Thank you very much.

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2015

I also tried by deleting {asset name="Foot"} inside the default.master.tpl and it has disappeared

Don't do that, without a Foot a host of things don't work

line 206: if(!(definition in definitions)) { return defaultVal; }

What did you change ? maybe a locale ?

From what version did you upgrade ?

disable all plugins and see if that helps...

• I didn't do anything after the installation is complete, no plugin is enabled.

@vrijvlinder: nope, it just appears when i try to remove {asset name="Foot"}

line 206: if(!(definition in definitions)) { return defaultVal; }

• You don't want to delete the script that shows you an error. You want to figure out how to avoid getting the error.

• luasoftluasoft New
    edited January 2015

@Anonymoose said:
    You don't want to delete the script that shows you an error. You want to figure out how to avoid getting the error.

i don't want to appear when someone view the source code (F12) my forum.

please help, thanks!

• @luasoft that is core functionality, so removing with break most of the functionality of the forum. It di completely normal.

What you can do is translate that specific error.

But removing that script is not an option if you wan to use vanilla as intended.

There is nothign really unusual about it, many framework do something similar.

grep is your friend.

• Btw do you use the programming language lua?

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

There shouldn't be sensitive information in the definitions section. It is the primary way to pass information from the server to clientside JS.

Don't discard unless you have a great reason to do so and understand the side effects.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ok, it's the default and can't be changed.
    thanks all.